Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

This developer is making fun of us

+4
DragonFlySlayer
AceFlyboy
pumafoot1
john_costco
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:11 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

DragonFlySlayer wrote:That shot does look nice!  Thanks again for the demo! Maybe I will get off my lazy butt and unleash it to take it for a test drive! Twisted Evil

Yeah... Been waiting for these various groups to deliver the goods!  
DCS "C" and Seven-g's   I have heard that there is supposed to be a 3rd party developer putting together a E Hornet for DCS. "?"

"Ain't seen none yet"

At least 7 gs has a demo out. Have many people here flown the demo?  Seems like at one time, some time ago, people here wanted it but it was nowhere to be found.  Then you had a link... bounce

DragonFlySlayer

Yeah, I remember hearing about the SuperHornet for DCS some time ago being in developement but I don't even remember who was doing it. I still am more interested in older C model though.

I don't know if many people flown the demo, but at some point it was pretty popular. After some turmoil within Seven-G team, the website changed it's url, the project went into second phase and the original demo was no longer hosted on the official site, although you could still find it elsewhere on the web. The link John posted has been live for a quite some time.

I only wonder what is holding 7G devs to release the beta. From what I have seen even from few years old videos on YT, the progress on the game is pretty advanced and rivals many titles released on Early Access on Steam for example. And as a beta it is understandable that some features would not be complete, so the devs shouldn't worry about releasing unfinished product. Maybe there is there a problem with distribution? If so they should consider putting it on Steam.

Just take my money already,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC99HtklXDzkzRP7aCl95A?

27This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Rivals? Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:22 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

What other rivals were there on Steam? Is it Hornet sims? Yeah... I'll take a C or an E as they both rock.
Seems like something has to happen sooner or later. That cold start video was put out today! Looks very cool even though the Flight Deck is a ghost town, but so what, the flight model seems fast and smooth.
Looks really well done.

I know that DCS has a team of about 50 people or so. Jon Blum from VRS said that their team was about 3 people.
I really don't know squat about Seven G's team. I got a feeling he's just left it alone for a while maybe.
Maybe he's burned out or something. affraid

28This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 pm

damson

LCDR
LCDR

DragonFlySlayer wrote:What other rivals were there on Steam?  Is it Hornet sims?  Yeah... I'll take a C or an E as they both rock.
Seems like something has to happen sooner or later.  That cold start video was put out today!  Looks very cool even though the Flight Deck is a ghost town, but so what, the flight model seems fast and smooth.
Looks really well done.

I know that DCS has a team of about 50 people or so.  Jon Blum from VRS said that their team was about 3 people.
I really don't know squat about Seven G's team.  I got a feeling he's just left it alone for a while maybe.
Maybe he's burned out or something. affraid

I was talking in general about the state of Early Access games on Steam, but if you compare it to Combat Air Patrol 2 (Harrier sim), it was released few month ago with very few features - the dynamic campaign isn't implemented, some of the single and training missions doesn't work right, the weapons needs some work, the theaters (Hawaii and Hormuz Straight) are still not finished, but you can fly around, land vertically on LHD, make an A/A refuel etc. Despite it not being finished I still have great fun flying it. Its dev team is also small, so the progress is also slow, but the updates are comming steady and each patch implement something new.

You can check some of mine CAP2 videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIku_oD9y-RAUBR4LShCQkVQoUfwsBNgS

BTW That cold start video I posted before is also mine Wink

29This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Does it work in LM Academic pack? Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:01 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Pogo wrote:Once you've got to grips with VRS Superbug check out the following add on, if you haven't already:

https://www.fsxwar.com/?lang=en#download

There are also a host of other aircraft that are TacPack compatible Aerosoft F14 etc and I believe Milviz F15E works too but details can be found on VRS main web page.....

Does the FSX at war work on Steam FSX, but also does it work very well in LM Academic pack? I hear it is supposed to but not to confirmed. Since it appears that your basically running the same as me, does it?

Work with FSX Steam and LM 3.4.18.19475 VRS 1.4.3.3

Marc

30This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:51 am

Pogo

Pogo
ENS
ENS

DragonFlySlayer wrote:
Pogo wrote:Once you've got to grips with VRS Superbug check out the following add on, if you haven't already:

https://www.fsxwar.com/?lang=en#download

There are also a host of other aircraft that are TacPack compatible Aerosoft F14 etc and I believe Milviz F15E works too but details can be found on VRS main web page.....

Does the FSX at war work on Steam FSX, but also does it work very well in LM Academic pack? I hear it is supposed to but not to confirmed. Since it appears that your basically running the same as me, does it?

Work with FSX Steam and LM 3.4.18.19475   VRS 1.4.3.3

Marc

Can't say about Steam however, it works fine in LM Academic.

31This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty FSX - Lockheed Martin Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:11 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Yeah.. I have had very good performance on both Steam FSX and LM 3.4.18.19475    VRS 1.4.3.3
I also installed a full registered version of FSUIPC 9.961
I have to get used to using it. Yesterday I managed to install it and pay for a licence to activate it fully in the sim's ADD-ON  FSUIPC.
I mainly want it so I can program my HOTAS to any keys necessary.  I have a lot to learn , but the way I see it, Neither DCS nor 7gs has delivered. I heard from a very reliable source that 7gs most likely is over and never will happen. He also wanted to see his project and merge with DCS with his FA/18E but he said he couldn't do it because according to the contract or terms presented by DCS, he would basically loose his rights to do any add-on's or anything at all, so he said "nates!" This makes me wonder how third parties are affected by DCS and if this has restricted much we will never get our hands on?  Everything DCS sells is of great quality , however, I do not want 60 year old aircraft's.  What they have is good and worthy and how they do it is superb, but it's not what I want.  I want a Hornet!  Lets take a survey. alien
Lets ask ourselves.. "Why is DCS's Hornet not out yet" ok.... How come there is no talk of it at all. DCS's Wagner mentioned last year or so that they didn't want to waste a lot of time talking when they could be working..... "Time will tell"....

All we really have is the VRS Super Bug for a decent Hornet until proven otherwise. I actually think that the reason DCS has not released their C Hornet is most likely contract politics. But this last rap is just my opinion, but  affraid it is based on my instincts and I'm usually pretty correct in my line of work.

I have a new powerful PC too that is about 6 months old. It runs all these sims maxed out. I think that's important.
I also use CCleaner to clean and check my registry and clean out cookie crap daily.

VRS Bug runs on both platforms just fine. Rolling Eyes

This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Prepar15

32This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty DCS FA/18 C Prepaid! Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Well...   funny how things would evolve. I removed XPlane 11.  I removed all of Microshaft's FSX Super Hornet. Now that's still a beautiful module but man what a waste being the platform it sits on. Jon Blum informed me that DCS wanted to purchase his F/A 18 E super Hornet for DCS world but he said he couldn't accept DCS's terms on the contract. But that doesn't matter as much as of Jan 13th I paid $59.99 for a Pre release payment of the finally F/A 18 C for DCS world which all of you probably know by now is happening said to be maybe at the end of Spring of this year! Finally after about 25 years since Flanker 2.0 and LOMAC, we all been wanting a Hornet of worthy quality and what a platform it is in with more to come at that!  
"the Strait of Hormuz" terrain in the Arab world as well.

If ole 7g's comes out with anything then so be it bom , we can go from there I guess. Hopefully in the years to come I have a feeling DCS will create a E Super Hornet as it appears that DCS has both feet down and running straight ahead and not looking back..as they are putting together DCS world 2.5 as well.

cheersThis developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Data10
This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Ew-110
This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 23275510
This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Full-110
This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 21366910
This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 C9005210

33This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:54 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

The DCS Hornet is looking mighty fine. I already pre-ordered. Too bad 7G is apparently dead. I would love to see it in action.

34This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty 7 Gs Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:20 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Yeah... I think DCS will suffice just fine. If 7gs ever comes to life then cool, but if not.. I am happy plenty with what DCS is coming out with. Their running full force and not turning back it appears! This is cool! cheers

35This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:03 am

john_costco

LT
LT

DCS world 2.5 open beta is out !!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

36This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:54 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

You could start downloading it yesterday Laughing

37This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty DCS 2.5 ! Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:28 am

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Yeah.. I downloaded it last night. "It's shit hot"!! cheers
Best work I've ever seen! Waiting for my pre paid FA18! Twisted Evil

38This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Sat May 12, 2018 10:26 am

john_costco

LT
LT

no news?

39This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Tue May 29, 2018 1:40 am

john_costco

LT
LT

Almost there, F-18C is coming on May 30 from ED!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

40This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty TODAY !!!!!!! Wed May 30, 2018 7:33 am

Pappy Van Winkle

ENS
ENS

john_costco wrote:Almost there, F-18C is coming on May 30 from ED!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Finally after what? 8+ long years a real developer is releasing F/A-18  THANK YOU ED for doing what 7-g failed to do.   I told you all 7 years ago that he would never get this out and you all nay'd me but look who was right.  

I was formally StuckinLA but forgot my pw and this site can't reset it Sad

DCS wooo yaaaa baby

41This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:50 pm

damson

LCDR
LCDR

Pappy Van Winkle wrote:
john_costco wrote:Almost there, F-18C is coming on May 30 from ED!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Finally after what? 8+ long years a real developer is releasing F/A-18  THANK YOU ED for doing what 7-g failed to do.   I told you all 7 years ago that he would never get this out and you all nay'd me but look who was right.  

I was formally StuckinLA but forgot my pw and this site can't reset it Sad

DCS wooo yaaaa baby

Yeah, but the DCS Hornet still isn't finished. Most DCS modules are in permanent developement. The base game is basically also permanently in beta stage.

I would love to see Seven G finished at some point, but yeah, developemt is not easy. If ED that consist of many programmers, artists etc. is struggling, how can one man accomplish this task?

42This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:35 am

WinterH

ENS
ENS

Well for what it's worth, main website has a few updates like saying "sorry for delay", and "almost ready".

I have written this one off long ago to be honest, but hey, a sign of life anyway, IF this gets released, I'll get it, and by the looks it will still be more complete than ED's hornet even if released a decade from now Razz

43This developer is making fun of us  - Page 2 Empty Re: This developer is making fun of us Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:42 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

WinterH wrote:Well for what it's worth, main website has a few updates like saying "sorry for delay", and "almost ready".

I have written this one off long ago to be honest, but hey, a sign of life anyway, IF this gets released, I'll get it, and by the looks it will still be more complete than ED's hornet even if released a decade from now Razz

I wasn't checking the site for some time now, but definitely "Sorry for the delay guys" statement wasn't there the last time I checked. Seems someone is still alive there. Also when you hover your cursor over "Game" at the top menu it says "Almost done!". Will we finally going to witness the release of Seven-G? I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but I'm bit excited now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum