Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flap Transition Logic - Improvement for the Seven-G Hornet Model?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

Hello developer(s),

one thing I wanted to mention, albeit this may already be corrected in newer versions after the last official beta version 1.03, is the movement of the flaps on the Hornet.
Specifially I am talking about the transition of the ailerons from HALF/take-off (or FULL/Land) to AUTO flap position. I've seen it countless times at former Canadian Forces Base Baden-Soellingen, watching the Hornets thundering out from their air base and on the real Hornets it seems to be like that:
The main trailing edge flap is "retracting" faster to AUTO position than the Ailerons. You see that while the main TEF is already "up", the ailerons are still retracting from the drooped position.
However, in the last official Seven-G beta it is the opposite, the ailerons retract quicker than the main trailing edge flaps.
I believe (I am by no means an aerodynamic scientist) this is to even out the lift distribution across the wingspan, to compensate for the wing twist of 4 degrees starting approx. at the wingfold mechanism line outwards to the wingtip.

In the following video you can see the movement clearly at runtime 10:15 min. onwards (watch it in HD for best clarity)
https://youtu.be/8wJGJIqr_eU

Will this be properly simulated in the newer versions of Seven-G?

Thanks for listening and any feedback is welcome. Keep up the great work!

cmatt

RDML
RDML

The ailerons trail the flaps from full to auto by about 6-9 seconds on the ground. Less so for half flap to auto.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum