Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

F-35A Model

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1F-35A Model Empty F-35A Model Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:46 pm

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

Just thought I'd share a model I've been working on. Its a very low poly F-35A (only 3500 tris), its incomplete as you can probably tell by the tearing behind the cockpit and wing leading edge, square control surfaces, bit untidy on that extrusion above the intake, burner can is only a placeholder .ect, however it is much more complete now than what it was in this pic - I just haven't got round to doing another full zbrush render of it. I got sick of seeing X-35's everywhere and wanted the real deal!

F-35A Model F_35_Joint_Strike_Fighter_by_MudRat02

2F-35A Model Empty Re: F-35A Model Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:00 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

With the right price tag, there are some really awesome looking ones! Laughing The F-35B version on this site is 900 bucks!

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm?id=362947

3F-35A Model Empty Re: F-35A Model Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 pm

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

Oh yeah, there are some very high quality ones out there, but not many of which that can be used for a game (and certainly not that one: check out the wireframe Shocked ). As for flight sims at the time I started this, all of their birds were X-35 (Crysis, HAWX (not flight sims, but still), and all of the FSX planes I could find). I designed this one around being implemented into a now defunct project, then Free Falcon, but after that I offered it to Combat Simulator Project (an open source combat sim) who were interested, but I haven't seen the project progress too much over the last few years.

4F-35A Model Empty Re: F-35A Model Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:54 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

All true. Did you work with the FF team? I did for a couple months.

5F-35A Model Empty Re: F-35A Model Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:03 am

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

BeakerVBA wrote:All true. Did you work with the FF team? I did for a couple months.

I was talking to some of the guys over there and became obvious pretty quick that FF wouldn't do a player-controlled F-35 much justice (in terms of realism), not like it does with older generation jets anyway. As far as I could determine, it would end up being like an F-16 in terms of avionics but just with different visuals, so I gave it a miss.

Funny enough, I joined CSP because I saw the project as an opportunity to accurately sim the Hornet - which isn't really needed now! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum