Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Terrain question

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Terrain question Empty Terrain question Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Blackfly01

Blackfly01
LCDR
LCDR

To the devs, do you have any pics of what the ground will look like? Rivers, roads, buildings, cows and etc? Ground impact effects? Airfields, cities, runways, taxiways. Can you taxi out from the ramp? Ground starts? or all carrier?

2Terrain question Empty Re: Terrain question Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:20 am

Miximix

LT
LT

Very good question, i would like to know this too!!!!

3Terrain question Empty Re: Terrain question Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:42 am

Admin

Admin
CDR
CDR

I can't tell you much since WIP. Rivers are part of satellite texture currently. Not so good looking when you fly low, but ok to me if you fly high like above 10,000 ft. I'd say it sucks than eagle dynamic engine, I can say it's better using satellite image. IMO, users looking flying low fun , seveng I don't recommend. I focused experiencing USN aviator doing real world combat aviation.

http://www.seveng-f18.com

4Terrain question Empty Re: Terrain question Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm

cmatt

RDML
RDML

The Nellis area is good for flying around low, and I expect the theatre to be similar to that experience. The focus is on correct systems and avionics, and thus terrain has not gotten a lot of attention, although I think you will be suitably impressed with the AG radar mapping.

There are a few systems that need to be modeled before a true cold start can be made ( INS alignment, FCS iBIT, FLIR and Radar BIT), otherwise you can start from cold and get everything on and working. Waypoint programming works well.

Lighting effects have been added and bring a nice touch of realism to the sim.

5Terrain question Empty Re: Terrain question Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 am

gO_oSe

ENS
ENS

cmatt wrote:The Nellis area is good for flying around low, and I expect the theatre to be similar to that experience.

And where is the "theatre" ? A small indication about this, please ? Cool

Best wishes for this project.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum