Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

New here and question....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New here and question.... Empty New here and question.... Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Burner59

Burner59
ENS
ENS

Hi Everyone,

I just discovered this sim from a post in the VRS Superbug forum. This looks like it wil be mighty impressive when it's ready for prime time! Very Happy (Too bad it's still only a windoze platform, and not able to run in MAC/Linux environment *Hint for future dev?!*)

I have a question about the current demo version (it says 1.02, but I downloaded it from the link supplied for 1.03 in another post on this forum?) - Is it possible to print out the keystroke listing? I hope so, because it would be a lot easier/less time consuming to do that than create my own listing to print out!

Also a question about joysticks, which I think has been answered - in the demo, only 1 joystick is seen/can be configured. I have the Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, and the Saitek rudder pedals. It only sees the stick and not the throttle or pedals (similar to the G940 multiple components). This is how it is in the demo version, correct? And everything will be configurable when the sim is released, right?

Anyway, this looks great, and I'm eagerly awaiting its full release! Very Happy

JB

2New here and question.... Empty Re: New here and question.... Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:25 pm

cmatt

RDML
RDML

I can't say for sure with the Warthog controller, but I have all my axis working correctly - and I use an X-52Pro with the Saitek rudder pedals. So far you can map pitch, roll, yaw, left and right throttle, radar elevation, brake axis (one only atm, and Target Designation Cursor (TDC) up/down, and left right.

3New here and question.... Empty Re: New here and question.... Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Burner59

Burner59
ENS
ENS

Hi CMatt,

The demo I have only sees the joystick controller. The throttle is a separate hardware device (stick and throttle are modeled separately from the real A-10C, supposedly. BTW, they work perfectly with the DCS A10-C sim, all functions, right out of the box!). The Saitek pedals aren't showing up either, only the joystick.

I have another system with the G940 system as well as a CH Yoke, and the full GoFlight Airliner Captain setup. As a test, I installed 7G on it, and it only sees the G940 joystick - no G940 throttle or rudders, and doesn't see the CH Yoke or any GF hardware. This should be resovled in the full release, right?

Regarding the question of printing out the keyboard command layout, I created my own in Word as a docx file, so if anyone wants it to have for quick access, please feel free to PM me and I'll email it.

Thanks,
JB

Last edited by Burner59 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Note about DCS A10-C compatibility)

4New here and question.... Empty Re: New here and question.... Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:56 pm

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

Burner59 wrote:
I have a question about the current demo version (it says 1.02, but I downloaded it from the link supplied for 1.03 in another post on this forum?) - Is it possible to print out the keystroke listing? I hope so, because it would be a lot easier/less time consuming to do that than create my own listing to print out!

Anyway, this looks great, and I'm eagerly awaiting its full release! Very Happy

JB

Hi JB, welcome to the forums! Very Happy Yes, I'm already in love with this yet-to-be-released sim too!
If you meant above, that you were looking for a keystroke list, our forum member AceFlyboy posted a good list here:

https://seveng.forumotion.com/t15-seven-g-keystrokes-to-demo-v103

Hope that helps? Happy flying! pirat

*EDIT* Okay JB, you beat me to it. Would you send me the keystroke doc you'd created? Thank you in advance! PM inbound!

5New here and question.... Empty Re: New here and question.... Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:06 pm

cmatt

RDML
RDML

The axis issue is resolved as far as I know. Since we haven't tested your setup, I can't promise 100% compatibility with all the functions; however, I believe that this issue is now fixed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum