Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Video released - Check it out!

+13
vgp78
cmatt
5LG9Z
Fletch
MudRat02
Daz
Bender
near_blind
dracflamloc
Chain
BeakerVBA
Nick Taylor
RhineHornet
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New Video released - Check it out! Empty New Video released - Check it out! Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:54 pm

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

Hey all,

I was just wondering why this video has not yet been posted in the news section here in the forum of our beloved Legacy Hornet sim. But maaan... it looks totally awesome! Very Happy

https://youtu.be/Ndz4pydQg0c

Absolutely mind-boggling for every die-hard Legacy Hornet fan. Fantastic Job Seven-G team! I love you

Hope there'll be an option so we can also have a pilot model in the cockpit wearing the standard "HGU-55" helmet.
Who has created this new beautiful and accurate 3d model btw?

I'm even more excited about this sim now, hoping for a release this year, but take your time gents!

Just one thing I'd like to mention is the skydome rendering. It already looks pretty good,
however I would like to point you to the work of Eric Bruneton. He has created a very realistic code for a true-to-the-real-world rendering of atmospheric scattering and the skydome rendering. Maybe you can include the rendering in your simulation, it would be an improvement for sure, better than all other flight sims currently available.
Eric Bruneton's code and sample videos can be found here (scroll down to the section called "Atmosphere") :

http://evasion.inrialpes.fr/~Eric.Bruneton/

Here's a publication from Mr. Bruneton about his work on this:
http://www-ljk.imag.fr/Publications/Basilic/com.lmc.publi.PUBLI_Article@11e7cdda2f7_f64b69/article.pdf

Also, Vladimir Romanyuk included the same code from Mr. Bruneton in his free SpaceEngine simulator, if you want to check out the skydome and atmospheric rendering you may download his program from here:
http://en.spaceengine.org/
Install and run, and move through Earths atmosphere, it looks HIGHLY realistic. It would be terrific if you (Seven-G Team developers) could get this skydome and atmospheric rendering code into your graphics engine!!! Cool

Best regards,
Rafael

2New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Nick Taylor

ENS
ENS

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for sharing. I am wondering why they removed a video which showed different new functionalities. Never find it again.

Grettings
Nick

3New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:59 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

RhineHornet wrote:Absolutely mind-boggling for every die-hard Legacy Hornet fan. Fantastic Job Seven-G team! I love you

Agreed! I drool over that flight model I tell ya.

RhineHornet wrote:Hope there'll be an option so we can also have a pilot model in the cockpit wearing the standard "HGU-55" helmet.
Who has created this new beautiful and accurate 3d model btw?

I made the model. The pilot's helmet is an HGU-55/p, but of course in the video it has the JHMCS attached. The mask is an MBU-12, although the MBU-20 is now issued by the USN. If I get time, I'll make that MBU-20 and send it in. Hope the model helps promote Seven-G!

4New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:17 am

Chain

LTJG
LTJG

Wow! Good job guys! The sim is starting to look amazing!

My simpit is 75% done and I have to hurry to finish it before you release Seven-g. Cool God I just hope that you have some kind of simulator interface or I will be condemned to fly FSX (dear god...).

5New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:19 pm

dracflamloc

ENS
ENS

This is absolutely awesome. I can't wait to try it. cyclops

6New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:23 am

near_blind

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

7New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:59 am

Bender

ENS
ENS

AWESOME! That's as realistic of a legacy vid I've seen besides the real ones -_-

8New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Daz

ENS
ENS

need moar vids Very Happy

9New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

Another newie that I stumbled upon on the ED forums.

10New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Fletch

Fletch
LT
LT

Looking great! Finally some CF-18s Very Happy

11New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Well... for the time being they're kind of CF-18Cs. Wink

Last edited by BeakerVBA on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total

12New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:02 am

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

BeakerVBA wrote:Well... for the time being they're kind of CF-18Cs. Wink

I would have thought this "Aaron" that made the vid would have erred toward RAAF Hornets, but I'm sure he's saving them for a more impressive demonstration Wink

Last edited by MudRat02 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

13New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:41 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

I don't think you'll be disappointed, one way or the other!

14New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 am

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

Oh Man... fantastic new video, I'm so excited about this sim! Very Happy

@BeakerVBA (aka Aaron886 over at ED forums?)
Do you think it might be possible sometime in the future, to add a F/A-18A model to the sim, I mean just an external model, without the C-Version antenna bumps which are located on the fuselage spine (behind the cockpit), on the nose and the vertical tails and with the old style VHF antenna blades (the short ones which are not "slanted" like the new ones on the C/D-Models)?
I'd love to create repaints for the old-symmetrical era of the CAF when CF-18s were based at C.F.B. Baden-Soellingen here in Germany with 409., 421., and 439. Squadrons!
I know that systems-wise (e.g. the digital engine instruments of the C-Model) it would not be accurate for the A-model, but at least to have the proper external model for the old A-model?
(In the hope that we might be able to add our own terrain to the sim given there's an SDK available, I'd like to do central Europe/Germany then. Anyway, the emphasis is on the first question.
Thank YOU for your reply!

Greetings, Rafael

15New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Fletch

Fletch
LT
LT

My mistake Smile Nice to see a Canadian paint job though, despite the C-model.

16New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 pm

5LG9Z

LTJG
LTJG

Wow! Great work, guys! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Is there really a big difference between Canadian Hornets and USN Hornets? I assumed the Canadians have kept their Hornets up to date compared to the Navy's. I mean, I can't imagine Canadian Hornets still being of the "A" standard.

Last edited by 5LG9Z on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

17New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:00 pm

cmatt

RDML
RDML

Software-wise they are very similar, and identical when looking at the displays. The EMI (engine instruments) are different, and the SMS computer is digital in the C models. There are a few additional things that the C models have that are unique to the USN but really don't apply too much to general flying and fighting with the aircraft.

18New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:59 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

RhineHornet wrote:@BeakerVBA (aka Aaron886 over at ED forums?)
Do you think it might be possible sometime in the future, to add a F/A-18A model to the sim, I mean just an external model, without the C-Version antenna bumps which are located on the fuselage spine (behind the cockpit), on the nose and the vertical tails and with the old style VHF antenna blades (the short ones which are not "slanted" like the new ones on the C/D-Models)?

Totally up to the developer, but yep, I'm waiting in the wings to help with that if he wants!

The particularly sharp eye will have noticed that the current model actually still has the vertical stab braces of an A/B model, out of place on a C model.

The differences between Hornet models and lots are subtle and unfortunately there are quite a few of them! Even just from jet to jet things can vary significantly. The AN/ALQ-165 antennae you're referring to are part of the problem, but there's also repositioning of AN/ALR-67 antennae, AN/ARN-118 TACAN antennae, configuration of avionics cooling vents, number and configuration of AN/ALE-39/47 dispensers, AN/APX-111 "bird slicer" antennae, and vertical stab braces to worry about. Laughing The upper/low UHF/VHF antennae change between straight and swept, and it's interesting to note that many of the oldest Navy Hornets have an odd collection of the two that don't necessarily match their designation. If you ask me though, that's definitely a worthy request, even if the avionics don't match the exterior.

cmatt, out of curiosity, would the CF-18 be something avionics equivalent of the A+?

19New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:07 pm

cmatt

RDML
RDML

The current CF-18 is equivalent to the USN A+ and uses the same software as the A+'s and C's as well, less a few things the US didn't want to export. 21X is the current version, soon to be 23X if not already - with the X denoting use across all legacy F-18 platforms.

20New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:34 am

Chain

LTJG
LTJG

I'm speechless...just amazing! Shocked

21New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:49 am

Nick Taylor

ENS
ENS

WOW - A Different Kind of Truth! Wink

22New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Daz

ENS
ENS

Looks great, awesome job! Can't wait to get my hands on it Very Happy

23New Video released - Check it out! Empty Another new video Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Fletch

Fletch
LT
LT

Look what I found Very Happy

24New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:06 am

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

Hmm.. "Video was removed by user".

Bummer.

25New Video released - Check it out! Empty Re: New Video released - Check it out! Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:05 am

Fletch

Fletch
LT
LT

That's weird it was there yesterday...
Too bad, it was some new footage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum