Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

updates and news

+33
DragonFlySlayer
AceFlyboy
john_costco
adpsacan
StuckinLA
Quackers
Warmoer
Flyschool
Chain
Spadje
Striker
Pogo
Goshawk
Fransky
Aussie_Hornet
molnibalage
steelblade
Ghost007
pyroperson87
junkster55
Flyby
poochies
JaBoG32 Sloth
WarLock
damson
Skelator
totnine
jomardi
Asp
RhineHornet
Zaz0
seabass
Admin
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:14 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

I think it has been said that "IF" is the biggest word in the world.  

My instinct tells me that this guy has lost interest once he found out how difficult it really is to create such a sim, and I think he also lost interest in informing us as well. affraid

77updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 am

StuckinLA

LTJG
LTJG

DragonFlySlayer wrote:I think it has been said that "IF" is the biggest word in the world.  

My instinct tells me that this guy has lost interest once he found out how difficult it really is to create such a sim, and I think he also lost interest in informing us as well. affraid

At last the light bulb has gone on in at at least one of you.  I told you all 6 years ago this was never going to see the light of day and a whole bunch of you jumped on me saying Oh you don't get it, you just a ney sayer, you don't know what your talking about.  I saw the writing on the wall a lone time ago (6 years ago) and I think it's funny how people are still allowing them self's  to be strung along by people that weren't even working on this.  So to you DragonFlySlayer I say congrats you finally woke up and can smell the coffee.   To the rest of you I say it's time to wake up as well, this project is DEAD YOU'RE NEVER GONNA SEE IT       WAKE UP.

78updates and news - Page 4 Empty Wake up America ... you're Dreaming Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:45 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Well at least they made me a LCDR   cheers

Hey man, what do you think of DCS and the reality of them coming out with that FA/18 C and those carriers that I have seen pictures of?

Wagner told me last year about this time that realistically it would be most likely next year which is now 2017.
Sleep

DCS says nothing about it.  I like the DCS quality on my new PC I built for this shit. My System will max out all that like a yo yo.
I did purchase DCS's Mirage 2000C.   It flies very nice even thouge I am not a Mirage fan. It was the French's answer to our F16 in the late 70s. I just haven't purchased their F5-E Tiger as it really doen't interest me as much. Then DCS created a Viggen.  Boring!

The quality within DCS is superb, I just wish they would put out some more popular modules like maybe a Euro Fighter. An F16 system or of course the FA18 which only time will tell.  

So I mainly mess with BMS 4.33 U3 and I fly Hornets there and the block 52 F16.  That's a great F16 sim. The best. DCS has a great eye candy and action as well. I really enjoy low level flying in DCS. I mainly fly the F15 C that is older than hell!  How about a fucking F15-E Multi-role action even though the F15's pretty much used two aircraft's for multi-rolling it. Basketball

Sooooo.. in the end I'll take what I can get.

Seems like DCS might really do it unless there were contract issues or something which in my opinion in either way they should at least tell us.
What's your take on DCS and a FA18 to land?  Your no dummy Mr. JG bom

updates and news - Page 4 Falcon11
updates and news - Page 4 Falcon10
updates and news - Page 4 Dcs_2010

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

Beta baby birth awaited with baited breath! Shocked Surprised Exclamation

80updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:05 am

vgp78

LT
LT

what happened to youtube channel , on purpose? or what?

i smell something fishy? i think an anouncement is necessary , you cant disapear the youtube channel and keep twitter .

81updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:10 pm

damson

LCDR
LCDR

vgp78 wrote:what  happened to youtube channel , on purpose? or what?

i smell something fishy?  i think an anouncement is necessary , you cant disapear the youtube channel and keep twitter .

Well it can either mean that the dev is preparing the channel to post all the tutorial videos for upcoming beta release and don't want to have old videos cluttering the channel, or he is wiping out the evidence of Seven-G existence before he completely shuts down this site Suspect .

Too bad he doesn't communicate with us.

It's a shame because some of the videos were awesome - like the RCAF Hornets which is still available at BeakerVBA channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMJFZeYK3ds

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC99HtklXDzkzRP7aCl95A?

82updates and news - Page 4 Empty the vids are not all that Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:09 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

I have down loaded them including a video that must be about 40 minuets long. I am actually not that impressed with 7 Gs so far. The graphics quality is to me on a scale of 1 - 10 I give it about a 6 or so. The sounds are the most impressive.
But I'm not holding my breath.
My instinct tells me it's a dead project. pale

83updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:43 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

DragonFlySlayer wrote:I have down loaded them including a video that must be about 40 minuets long. I am actually not that impressed with 7 Gs so far. The graphics quality is to me on a scale of 1 - 10 I give it about a 6 or so.  The sounds are the most impressive.
But I'm not holding my breath.
My instinct tells me it's a dead project. pale

Yeah, that 40 min vid - I still have it to as it was first available as a download from dropbox, and later uploaded on youtube.

Regarding the graphics - you can't hide that it looks worse than DCS for example, but remember the graphics aren't everything. As long as the game looks decent I don't mind it. What counts is the immersion and feeling of flying. And Seven-G nailed that rather well. The wing flex, wings vapor, all was spot on. To this day the DCS's wingtip vapor looks bad to me.

Eventually time will tell if this sim is dead or not. I hope it will come someday ... and if not, tough. Life goes on.

84updates and news - Page 4 Empty Yeah... time will tell Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:12 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

That's pretty well said regarding graphics vs sim action. I did notice the sounds in it were pretty well in the aircraft. Not to long ago I emailed Jon Blum. Know who he is? He's the guy who pretty much put together the VRS FA18E superbug. While we talked I asked him , since I always wondered, could it be possible to do business and get the superbug in DCS world. He said he sat down with DCS once cause he was willing to do it. But he informed me that the contract DCS laid down would have literally taken all his rights away including future add on's for his superbug. Jon told me he couldn't go along with it. Then right after that he mentioned 7g's. He said he offered to purchase the 7g's sim from the maker because he said he thought it showed quite a bit of promise, but the maker of 7g's wouldn't even respond. I forget the way Jon put it but it was almost like the 7g's maker was just not the least bit interested in anything anymore.
Similar response we get out here right? confused

85updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:07 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

I know who Jon Blum is, but I know him better for his work on Hornet series by GSC.

I think that the 7G dev got burned once when he worked with the other guy* who he parted ways few years back. It was the time when the site url changed.

Maybe he wants to make this on his own, by his rules with no external intervention? The one downside to this is this painful, silent and looooong developement cycle.

But hey, great things takes time.

... or at least we can hope they does.

[*] Edit: I think this was the guy the SimHQ did a interview back in 2008 http://www.simhq.com/_air11/air_375a.html

86updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 pm

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

A reply from SevenG 'Admin' to a post I made here: https://seveng.forumotion.com/t14-wihih-what-in-hell-is-happening
Titled: WIHIH ? What In Hell Is Happening ? on Sunday March 28, 2010

"Hi, I'm the producer of seven-g. And thank you for your interest to our project.
GT was a webmaster of the team, but he is not in the team now.
Read News first topic. old website domain(seven-g.com)'s owner is GT(old webmaster), so couldn't help but to make new domain(seveng-f18.com).
He is trying to get some pocket money maybe,I don't know why he doing this.
We had to ban him, he had only interest in the money not the project and he din't worked hard, he shut down forums and website his own decision didn't asked our team member at all only because he holding domain.
Anyway, project is still on going."

Whether this is of any relevance to 'damson' and 'DragonFlySlayer' posts I don't know but - the info you guys have revealed is informative and thank you for the discussion!

87updates and news - Page 4 Empty Alrighty then! Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Hey surprise surprise! cheers
So it's not a dead project? Well... there has been no news and no info and many have said it's a done deal. So it has seemed like a ghost town. I suppose it takes a lot of time and effort to create video games let alone a complex flight sim.
So then, if there is a link you can direct us or any info you can update us with in the future it would be very nice. Thank you for letting us know it is ongoing.
I really don't know anything I guess. So if there is a way I can know things please point me in the right direction.

Respectfully

DFS

Marc clown

88updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:06 pm

john_costco

LT
LT

I am kinda suspicious that the developer is a sadist, at least he acts like one Very Happy

89updates and news - Page 4 Empty Hows that? Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:49 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Hum... I'm not seeing it. A Sadist? What makes you think that?
I think they got their work cut out for them though. I still don't see any news at all on progress, no new pictures or description of any areas within the sim regarding development. So he says it's still on... but his English is broken, which doesn't prove anything, but all he can go on about is his little spat with their partner. bom

That's a sign to me that is not good. Maybe it is hard for his to tell us anything because of his language barrier. I don't know man, I call it like I see it... And right now all I see is an argument and nothing productive.
If they are doing this for money, their in the wrong business. What a Face

90updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:06 am

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

Message to 'DragonFlySlayer'

Please don't not get your hopes up with the person who runs this website or the projects development

Please re-read reply from SevenG 'Admin' to a post I made here:
https://seveng.forumotion.com/t14-wihih-what-in-hell-is-happening

Titled: WIHIH ? What In Hell Is Happening ?

It was made on Sunday March 28, 2010 - seven years ago!

What a ridiculous time to wait for completion of a project

It's been going since 2008 and soon will be ten years in gestation

Beta version may come eventually at 50% the rate of the full version but its still a ludicrous length of time for a project to take to come to fruition

https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/sleep.gif

91updates and news - Page 4 Empty I don't have my hopes up Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:12 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Yeah... I don't have my hopes up. Actions speak louder than words.  Ain't seen any action here yet after the demo vanished along with that F18 Pilot who was helping with production.  He's gone to my knowledge.
Here is a shot of Nellis Airforce base from DCS. I was actually standing on this very corner outside the Thunderbird museum. It is very similar. updates and news - Page 4 Dcs_2011
updates and news - Page 4 Dcs_2012updates and news - Page 4 Dcs_2013updates and news - Page 4 Dcs_2012

92updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:10 am

vgp78

LT
LT

if the development still going ,if there is no problem with the other guy that left the team,youtube sais that closed your channel due to violations of its terms (i think ordinary quotes of youtube either you close the channel yourself or if its been closed by them) ,if the lawsuit had a positive result and if the beta will be released soon my question is Who betatests the beta? Very Happy

Who betatests the beta? Laughing

93updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:27 pm

WinterH

ENS
ENS

vgp78 wrote:if the development still going ,if there is no problem with the other guy that left the team,youtube sais that closed your channel due to violations of its terms (i think ordinary quotes of youtube either  you close the channel yourself or if its been closed by them) ,if the lawsuit had a positive result and if the beta will be released soon my question is Who betatests the beta? Very Happy

Who betatests the beta? Laughing

Weeelll one smidge of hope for the youtube deal might be that, some of the videos had music in them, I remember one of them having Jimmy Barnes for example. That might have been the reason for channel going belly up as youtube seem to be going crazy with copyright claims.

A small hope, but still a hope I suppose Razz

94updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:42 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

The dev at this point should really consider going to Steam Early Access if the game isn't ready yet. The DCS Hornet is slowly approaching, going on Steam would really help with the cash flow for the dev while he could still work on the project. There is no better place to advertise your project than Steam with over 13 millions users logged at the same time (daily peak) and total count of 125 million active users (2015). The only drawback is that there are plenty of whiners on the forums, but hey, the dev of Seven-G is pretty absent in his own forums so I say he's good to go Razz

95updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:21 pm

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

June year 2017 and still no release of SevenG Mad

"Blowin' In The Wind"

How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, and how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.

Yes, and how many years can a mountain exist
Before it's washed to the sea?
Yes, and how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, and how many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn't see?

Yes, and how many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, and how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?

96updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:17 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

Getting into mood, also DCS Hornet will be shown on E3 today/tomorrow?

97updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:49 pm

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

DCS is preparing to release their version of an F/A-18C sim:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter16062017.html

98updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:55 pm

junkster55

ENS
ENS

Yes ^ DCS is definitely not vaporware like Seven G. I predict a release in Q3/Q4 2017! Very Happy

99updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:27 am

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

DCS F/A-18C preliminary tasters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=racFXSOC3-Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1D95khwzJc

DCS F/A-18C prelaunch visuals taster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M3QivF9MuA

DCS F/A-18C in A/G Mode taster by a youngster using a VR demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj6Co10SxH8

100updates and news - Page 4 Empty Re: updates and news Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:33 am

vgp78

LT
LT

the absence of Admin  is outrageous , if beta comes online and alive what support we will have? the same as now?

anyway  i was reading the f 18 manual in public intelligence page and  i have some questions
in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvcLfktNhTI there is no INS allignment when you start the jet and go for take off neither on air.Will the ins system be implemented?

and one more thing ,could someone explain to me what  the course button does. i realize that makes some course steering points or radials but when you press the switch automatically the WPT sign in HSI
turns to TGT and if you couple it with AUTO PILOT THROUGH CPL you make turns until you reach the diamond indication in HUD ,pressing undessignate comes back to WPT option and you can keep your waypoiont course .the f -18 manual does not tell you the reason of usage of the course button but only what it does . Also in manual talks about WPT /OAP point that turns to TGT. MY question for the course switch is why and when and in which situation you use it?

after some hours in the demo i can say that is one damn good demo

i have more questions but lets stay to the above

One more thing what variant of F-18 are you modelling? is the canadian different from the american?
can you model all the modes of IFF? LINK 16? Yes you can with the informations that lurking around i would say that you can. i saw the dcs f-18 cockpit and is different from ours the panel under UFC is quite different .So assuming that you target in a specific variant of f18

thats all folks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum