Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

updates and news

+33
DragonFlySlayer
AceFlyboy
john_costco
adpsacan
StuckinLA
Quackers
Warmoer
Flyschool
Chain
Spadje
Striker
Pogo
Goshawk
Fransky
Aussie_Hornet
molnibalage
steelblade
Ghost007
pyroperson87
junkster55
Flyby
poochies
JaBoG32 Sloth
WarLock
damson
Skelator
totnine
jomardi
Asp
RhineHornet
Zaz0
seabass
Admin
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:46 am

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

I don't know if this helps, what follows is from my archived notes on SevenG originally made in year 2010!

SEVEN-G

(NAVIGATION)
M (Opens in this mode) NAV MASTER MODE
HUD – Head Up Display
WAYPOINT
HSI – Horizontal Situation Indicator – TACAN – MARSHAL RADIAL –
ILS – Instrument Landing System –
Detail – MAP - Scale – 5, 10, 20, 40,  80, 160NM SCALE

WAYPOINT & Pre-planned Route Following
To follow route automatically:
Press A/P button on UFC. Press BALT to hold current altitude.
Press CPL to automatically follow the route.
(On HSI, if in WAYPOINT mode, and SEQ button is ON then Autopilot will follow route sequence.
If ‘SEQ’ button is OFF then Autopilot will fly straight direct to waypoint. HSI will show ‘CPL WPT’ mode)

AUTOPILOT SUB MODES

CPL SUB MODE– DATA LINK COUPLING -  FIVE Sub Modes

CPL – SEQ  SEQUENCE
CPL – WPT  WAYPOINT
CPL – TCN  TACAN
CPL – ACL   AUTOMATIC CARRIER LANDING  
CPL – TGT   TARGET

On UFC – Up Front Control :

ATTH   ATTITUDE HOLD
HSEL   HEADING SELECT   (Auto turns to selected course)
BALT   BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE HOLD (Constant altitude over undulating terrain)
RALT   RADAR ALTITUDE HOLD (Altitude varies over undulating terrain)
CPL     DATA LINK COUPLING – to Autopilot Sub modes

Alt A AUTO THROTTLE CONTROL
ATC controls engine power to maintain airspeed when flying or on an approach..
When flaps are beyond 27 degrees (FULL) – aircraft enters AoA control mode of 8.5degrees

N “Paddle Switch”  (used to disengage Autopilot / G-override/ disengage NWS)
Automatic Throttle Control & Nose Wheel Steering

102updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:27 am

vgp78

LT
LT

you have them in nice order
do you know when are we using CPL – TGT TARGET ?

103updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 am

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

Its such a long time since I used the SevenG demo version which dates back to year 2010 - that I've forgotten if the CPL-TGT mode had ever been included back then.

From my old Jane's F/A-18 files (in which CPL-TGT mode functions)

"CPL-TGT = TARGET STEERING SELECTED = Auto fly to target"

From this website : https://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/Navigation_Systems  - Quote:

"3.5 Target (TGT) Steering Mode
Target Steering (TGT) steering mode is available when a designation exists and it is not a waypoint
(e.g. it was designated by a sensor, not by NAV), and all other steering modes are unboxed.

The designation will appear as a diamond, identically to how it would appear if it were a waypoint designation.

Courseline and direct-great circle steering are available to a target just as they are to a waypoint or TACAN.

Note that targets which are designated via the WDSG HSI top-level option are navigated to via WYPT steering, since they are waypoints.

TGT steering is reserved for targets which were designated by other means such as through the HUD, Radar or FLIR, and are not currently waypoints.

Note however that it is possible to convert a ground designation into a waypoint (NAV designation), by marking it via the MK# option (described below) and the re-designating it via the WDSG option."

READ ALSO PASSAGE BELOW that "3.6 Waypoint (WYPT) Steering Mode" alongside "Target (TGT)"

104updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:57 am

vgp78

LT
LT

In the demo if you press NAVDSG in HSI the wpt goes to tgt

thank you for the link Cool

105updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:44 pm

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Episode 1 - Introduction

Published on July 5, 2017

This is an early-alpha development build and may differ from the released product.............

To prepare for the upcoming DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, they are producing a series of videos that discuss the simulation and its features.

This first video is an introduction to the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and what is planned for it.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rf2PZv5T8M&feature=youtu.be

106updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:45 am

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Episode 2 - Cockpit Tour

Published August 4, 2017

Second in a series of F/A-18C Hornet familiarization videos, a video tour of the Hornet cockpit:

Based on an early Alpha version of the product.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIw6MxdOKlA&feature=youtu.be

107updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:41 am

WinterH

ENS
ENS

Sigh... wish I could read seveng news here instead of DCS ones, which I can follow easily on other places...

Bu then again, since no such thing as seveng news exist, all is fair I suppose.

So it's been about 9ish months since "beta soon"... wonder if there's anyone following here still, aside from us potential customers.

108updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:00 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

WinterH wrote:Sigh... wish I could read seveng news here instead of DCS ones, which I can follow easily on other places...

Bu then again, since no such thing as seveng news exist, all is fair I suppose.

So it's been about 9ish months since "beta soon"... wonder if there's anyone following here still, aside from us potential customers.

Me too, To be honest at this point I have a feeling that the dev got so burn out on this one that he deosn't want to even look at it anymore (why would he delete his channel on youtube?). I hope I'm wrong and he's silently preparing the beta release. One can dream ...

We have DCS Hornet coming out soon, but frankly I would rather fly Seven-G.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC99HtklXDzkzRP7aCl95A?

109updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:56 pm

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

It's my belief (without evidence) that DCS have either through compassion or pity taken on the completion of the SevenG simulation by causing the developer to sell the rights to DCS while still holding his own right to complete it - only after DCS have released their very own version.........

110updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:12 pm

damson

LCDR
LCDR

AceFlyboy wrote:It's my belief (without evidence) that DCS have either through compassion or pity taken on the completion of the SevenG simulation by causing the developer to sell the rights to DCS while still holding his own right to complete it - only after DCS have released their very own version.........

I would think the best solution for the 7G dev would be to hit Steam Early Access with 7G - even if Steam takes its share of revenue, the >120 million of Steam users could potentially see the game. Even if 0,01% of that user base would bought the game for lets say 25$ (as EA title) that would still gave 312,500 $ to the dev and Valve to share (I don't know the Valve's cut on sales). But I bet many people would pay more easily for the all-in-one Hornet sim. Remember that DCS Hornet will be a module which will require probably some terrain, campaigns etc. And it will surely cost >60$. So the 7G would be very competitive.

It would be a pity if 7G is never released - so much work would go to waste. Also, since the game would be in Early Access it wouldn't have to be in final polished state, the dev could still work on it and earn some $ from growing community. That would surely motivate the developer and maybe even he would consider growing his dev team to help him with the things he is struggling.

111updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Switch

Switch
LTJG
LTJG

I think they have moved to Combat air patrol 2, looks like the same Dev team!! Future sims will be dcs and CAP2!!

112updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:36 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

Switch wrote:I think they have moved to Combat air patrol 2, looks like the same Dev team!! Future sims will be dcs and CAP2!!

Why would you suspect that? The dev team for CAP2 is based in UK and from what I know they have one programmer (Ed), one artist (Ian), one guy that made the music and one gal for management tasks (Faye). The guy responsible for Seven G (named SW Park?) is from South Korea I think. The other who contributed are: 3d artists "Racer" and "Teriander", CMatt (technical advisor), Peter Bezemer that made the music theme and I think that's it.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

113updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:15 pm

WinterH

ENS
ENS

Switch wrote:I think they have moved to Combat air patrol 2, looks like the same Dev team!! Future sims will be dcs and CAP2!!

Yeah I also think this is an erroneous conclusion. There is no reason to link CAP2 and SevenG teams.

However, at this point I really doubt we'll see SevenG.

Almost a year ago now, the dev said "beta soon", and while such delays aren't nearly unheard of in sim development, he has been in total silence since then. In fact, the only thing happened since that piece of news, was the closing of the SevenG YouTube channel...

I really want to see this indie standalone sim, and enjoy the Hornet in it. But it seems less and less likely everyday.

114updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:09 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR

WinterH wrote:

Yeah I also think this is an erroneous conclusion. There is no reason to link CAP2 and SevenG teams.

However, at this point I really doubt we'll see SevenG.

Almost a year ago now, the dev said "beta soon", and while such delays aren't nearly unheard of in sim development, he has been in total silence since then. In fact, the only thing happened since that piece of news, was the closing of the SevenG YouTube channel...

I really want to see this indie standalone sim, and enjoy the Hornet in it. But it seems less and less likely everyday.

I'm also pretty sure this sim is dead at this point. Although there still is a small glimmer of hope as the dev never was very vocal about his work and despite that the progress was shown in between long periods of nothingness. So until the seven-g site and this forum are still up we may still have hope.

115updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:14 pm

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Cinematic Gameplay Video 1

Published November 3, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23T-f12yobQ&feature=youtu.be

A preview video of their upcoming DCS: F/A-18C Hornet module for DCS World based on a work-in-progress build....

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Alpha - E3 2017 Demo Mission

Published June 17, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1D95khwzJc

This video is a mission based on an early pre-alpha build created for E3 2017.

116updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:04 am

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

The following is taken from
DCS News Letter
29/12/2017 (12/29/2017)

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

We and Belsimtek have been working long hours to bring the Hornet to an Early Access release state. Over the past few months, a lot of our time has been devoted to modeling the many fundamental systems that comprise the aircraft like the engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, flight control system, and many others.
We are now starting to see the fruits of this labor, as evidence of the recent Hornet preflight, startup, taxi, and takeoff videos.

Before we can release the Early Access version though, there are several important features we need to implement:

Weapon HUD modes
Moving map
Countermeasures
Radar Warning Receiver (RWR)
Inertial Navigation System for Waypoints
Flight Model
Further development of the air-to-air radar
Integration of new weapons

Improve some of the cockpit art, display fonts, and HUD projection effect
Once these items are completed, we plan to release the Hornet into Early Access and we believe it will be an amazing experience!

FAQ: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197186

MINI UPDATES: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194412

117updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:09 am

john_costco

LT
LT

yeah and  Seven G is still silent Sad what a shame  Sad

118updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:35 pm

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

The following is taken from DCS News Letter dated Friday January 12, 2018

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Available for Pre-Purchase!

Eagle Dynamics SA and Belsimtek are excited to announce that DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is now available for pre-purchase!

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Pre-Purchase Available and Save $20!

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will be the most authentic and detailed simulation we have ever developed, and it will use our unique CFD engine and aerodynamics developed by Belsimtek to create the most realistic flight dynamics possible. Based on exhaustive research in association with Boeing, our Hornet takes advantage of our newly developed simulation engine and it will set a new benchmark for PC flight simulation.

The Hornet is a true multi-role fighter that can switch from attacking surface targets to engaging air targets with the press of a button. Equally at home on an aircraft carrier or airfield, the Hornet is equipped with a large suite of sensors that include radar, target pod, and a helmet mounted sight. In addition to its internal 20mm cannon, the Hornet can be armed with large assortment of unguided bombs and rockets, laser- and -GPS-guided bombs, air-to-surface missiles of all sorts, and both radar- and infrared-guided air-to-air missiles.

DCS World provides the most rich and authentic digital battlefield for the Hornet to fly in.

Key Features of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet:

Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic Flight Control System (FCS)
Realistic model of the F/A-18C, down to each bolt
Detailed simulation of the Hornet’s many systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more
Inertial and GPS navigation systems with moving map display
Virtually all the weapons and sensors that a mid-2000s US Navy F/A-18C operates
Highly realistic cockpit that is mouse interactive
Spin recovery system
Authentic Hornet sounds with assistance from Boeing
New effects like over-wing vapor
Virtual Reality support
Multiple liveries

During the Early Access period, the following items will be added to DCS: F/A-18C Hornet:

New and updated sensors to include air-to-ground radar, additional air-to-air radar modes, Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS), Link-16 Datalink, and targeting pod.
New weapons such as Harpoon, HARM, Shrike, Maverick, JSOW and SLAM, SLAM-ER missiles, Walleye, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, sea mines, fire bombs, TALD decoys, and AIM-9X and AIM-120 air-to-air missiles.
Additional display pages like the Situational Awareness, Flight Performance Advisory System, and Automatic Carrier Landing pages.

Pre-purchase now for $59.99 and save $20 from the Early Access release price of $79.99.
We plan Early Access DCS: F/A-18C Hornet to be available for download by the end of Spring 2018.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/hornet/

Last edited by AceFlyboy on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

119updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:38 pm

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynPbUY57xhI

DCS F/A-18C promotional video

120updates and news - Page 5 Empty DCS F/A-18 Release Date Wed May 30, 2018 7:43 am

Pappy Van Winkle

ENS
ENS

So DCS say's TODAY is the DAY w00t !!!! about bloody time lol we've been waiting for what over 8 years LOL

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

121updates and news - Page 5 Empty Re: updates and news Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:22 am

vgp78

LT
LT

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs0AWf9j_eEU-fowUXR1Gyg

after about 15 years of development admin should talk what is going on

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum