Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability

+6
Asp
Admin
Saguanay
spartan
BeakerVBA
MudRat02
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:31 am

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

The options didn't really cover my perspective (and I think a lot of the community too), so here it is: I'm a Hornet fanatic and badly want a realistic Hornet sim so I'd still get this sim and use it, but the best part about these sims is using them within the context of the flight sim community. Flying with or against AI is nothing compared with coordinating with real people or fighting against them. To put it bluntly, I'd end up playing it casually like I do other incomplete sims (FC2 that has everything but realistic avionics (and no Hornet!), for instance) but I'd focus my energies elsewhere.

In summary: This is such a promising sim and I'm more than willing to wait whatever time it takes to have multiplayer capability developed! Laughing

2Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

... or added in in the future! I would agree, the single most important factor in the life of a simulator is multiplayer connectivity. It has to be stable, precise, and smooth.

3Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:23 am

spartan

ENS
ENS

YES MY FRIEND, in the present day if you have no multiplayer capability, you are dead.

after several year playing off-line, once you play on line, everything is different.

Multiplayer capability is mandatory and is the best way to enjoy the sim.

I hope this game would have this capability.

Congratulations you are doing a huge work.

And about CAMO, it would be nice to use Spanish skins in the sim. Cool

4Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Saguanay

Question to you developers, what cost is involved with adding multiplayer? I come from the Thirdwire line of games and TK says that it is cost prohibitive now. He had it in his games and then MS dropped DirectPlay I guess and he removed his MP - ability.

5Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:46 pm

Admin

Admin
CDR
CDR

Saguanay wrote:Question to you developers, what cost is involved with adding multiplayer? I come from the Thirdwire line of games and TK says that it is cost prohibitive now. He had it in his games and then MS dropped DirectPlay I guess and he removed his MP - ability.
We're planning MP after first release of single player, then with result of number of copies sold will determine next phase.

http://www.seveng-f18.com

6Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 pm

panther

Yes multiplayer!!!

7Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Asp

LTJG
LTJG

Already Seven-G F/A-18 dedicated, MP or NO.

The waiting is difficult - but I'm among the 1st in line - when the time get's here.

Bug Ball
State 1.6

Hose Hemenis - on approach Cool

8Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:47 am

3Sqn_eldiablo

LT
LT

Admin wrote:
We're planning MP after first release of single player, then with result of number of copies sold will determine next phase.
You can count on me Twisted Evil

9Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Fransky

Fransky
LT
LT

This sim can't come soon enough. I'm willing to wait for multi-player

http://www.abattoir.net

10Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty multipalyer Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 pm

hornet505

hornet505
ENS
ENS

So am I. I bought that sim that will remain unnamed that is nothing more than an addon for FSX. It rymes with pooperjug. I have been out of simming for a while and when I jumped back in with my new rig I went to BestBuy to get the Warthog. I saw this sim we will call pooperjug. I bought it being a huge Hornet fan. Graphics are sic but it's just an addon. Then they treat you like a lepper if you bought it in a store and not from them. No full online support. And wouldn't even let me preorder online their tac pac. I cannot wait for SevenG's F/A18. Oh I am also building a pit for it and hope they will support lcd's for my TM mfd's.

11Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Empty Re: Re: Poll on Multiplayer capability Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:52 am

jonmar

ENS
ENS

In my opinion if the developers want to ensure the longevity of this sim and set it miles above the competition they have to include a dynamic campaign like in Falcon 4.

The reason a lot of virtual wings still use Falcon 4 is the dynamic campaign. A fully dynamic war running in real time with missions being generated according to either player set priorities or computer set ones. The replayability is infinite because no two missions are ever the same. There are absolutely no scripted events. The world is fully alive with flights taking off and landing all the time from and at airbases all over the theater. You can hear their comms during missions and you can hear AWACS making calls to them. The ground war is going on at the same time and whether you succeed or not in your interdiction and CAS missions has a direct effect on how well the ground war goes.

Flying with 20 other guys in a package is amazing in Falcon 4 multiplayer. You can even have a human AWACS.

It's thanks to the dynamic campaign and specifically the dynamic campaign being available in online multiplayer that Falcon 4 is still going strong and is constantly being improved by guys making new textures and cockpits for it.

I can tell that personally I have not touched the Lock On series, Black Shark or A-10 because I have no interested in flying scripted missions with no re-play value at all. Once you fly the mission once you know exactly what's going to happen and where the bandits are. The DCS series may have excellent avionics and physics modelling but if the replay value isn't there no sim is going to last for long. AirQuake can only be fun for a limited time.

I'm looking forward to this sim as the Hornet is my favorite aircraft and I've been hoping for a long time that someone will do a proper combat sim with proper carrier ops. I really hope this one hits the mark but like I said for this sim to last it needs a dynamic campaign.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum