Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Training

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Training Empty Training Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:51 pm

PL_Harpoon

LT
LT

I just saw a TV show called "Real Top Guns" and in one of episodes (2 or 3rd I guess) they show A-G target practice. Is it possible to implement anything like it in a game?
With those little bombs, "bullseye", and hit ratings? It seems like an excellent training mission for CCIP bombing.

2Training Empty Re: Training Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:57 pm

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

May I add another similar suggestion to this. To me, it would be ubercool if there was a possibility, to simulate simulated air-air kills Very Happy

What I mean is being able to replicate peace time training missions: Loaded with ACMI pods on the wingtips, launching in formation, going up into a temporary reserved airspace (e.g. Cold Lake Weapons Range), do 3 or more setups of dogfights, turning and burning with the knife between the teeth, kills being simulated like in the real world (so no real damage, just a *bleeeep* sound) then rejoin the formation and fly back to the base for the overhead 360 initial arrival. I would love to be able to do that!

What do you think?

3Training Empty Re: Training Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:10 pm

AgronautsPilot

AgronautsPilot
LTJG
LTJG

Yeah It's Possible but why? It is a sim where you can shoot down enemy aircraft. So whats the point in simulating it Question There will be an option to make a air Battle with whatever planes you want E.G F16vsYour F/A-18. We''ll have to see if admin reply's he can shed some light about this.

4Training Empty Re: Training Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:05 am

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

AgronautsPilot wrote:Yeah It's Possible but why? It is a sim where you can shoot down enemy aircraft. So whats the point in simulating it Question

Simple: I prefer a simulation reflecting reality, that's why.

5Training Empty Re: Training Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 pm

5LG9Z

LTJG
LTJG

I'm not so sure about the simulated air combat function but I would definitely like to see some training courses offered before flying an actual campaign. Being that I am not a Hornet pilot I would like to know how things are done properly instead of in a arcade style fashion.

(This would seem to go a bit off topic but I decided to post here since I didn't want to start a new topic. My apologies regardless. Embarassed )

6Training Empty Re: Training Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:58 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Nah, that's a good reply.

I never saw this thread... simulated weapons would be great, but it's all about scaled complexity. There's so much involved in making a simulator like this, and the Hornet is such a complex aircraft, it's mind-boggling!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum