Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is willing to buy F-18C in its current 96% condition? please post!

+21
Poko24
Striker
jomardi
Ghost007
mack_swiss
TheMorph
Black Angel
ICS_Vortex
Phonix644
Whitey
jhook
Griz
damson
AceFlyboy
Vanadeo
Snipsild
poochies
Skelator
seabass
Rebel
john_costco
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

john_costco

LT
LT

I would buy it right now. and if Devs need to fix it they can work on it and release patches for fixation. !!!  bounce make us happy !!!!

john_costco

LT
LT

Nobody? hmm interesting

Rebel

Sure would - if the devs are looking to gauge interest in this sim, or possibly create some cash flow to complete their work, I am certain that you would get a lot of people interested in a "pre - payment" option.

Cheers

seabass

ENS
ENS

I'd definitely buy it now. Another good thing I see in this is that other than the increased interest and cash flow like mentioned above, the "early" users would also be able to find bugs more quickly which could also speed up development.

Skelator

Skelator
LT
LT

I mentioned this in a post a while back that I would be ready to buy a Beta version right now....

Skelator

poochies

ENS
ENS

One can hope !

Snipsild

I would.

8Who is willing to buy F-18C in its current 96% condition? please post! Empty I would Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Vanadeo

Vanadeo

Hello everybody.. I have been eyeballing this like a hawk And YES i would totally buy this now.

It was easy for me to stumble across this, what prompted me to search was that I was thinking of how amazing it would be if there was currently any simulation dedicated to just the F/A-18.. I would definitely put some time aside to learn the systems and so on as the F18 is one of my all time fave fighter jets.

I am currently having a dabble at Janes F18 but that is very dated and the online community has almost vanished apart from the odd few people that are dedicated to it.

So yeah I'm all for investing in this masterpiece when it becomes available Smile.

Regards Tom.

P.S Then again if the team are doing there best to finalize everything and make sure that the game works with minimal to none bugs and a full proper manual, then the wait with no demo would be worth it as well..

Last edited by Vanadeo on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reading up on more forum posts as i am a new member.)

https://www.facebook.com/BrieflyDistorted

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

Looks like the less patient members are counting down the days to Christmas !!

Santa will come like he does every year, its just that with this lil ole goody taking so so long the boys are growing up into men and growing out of toying with this really gotta gotta have toy.

No pressure there then !

I too would buy it right now. And if the Owner Developer needs to fix and release patches then so be it. !!!  

It's now worth anything up to $100 US Dollars to buy this baby.

Make us happy - sell to it us it all before even I get too old myself  !!! santa

Last edited by AceFlyboy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

damson

LCDR
LCDR

Well said AceFlyboy.

The only concern that I have is that the current state of the project is in the state that would only enrage the ones that would buy it now, maybe that's why they don't want to introduce the "early acces" way. Or maybe they want to release 100% bug free version of the game which would be amazing feat in this genre.

Nevertheless I would still pay for current build as is and would be still happy with it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC99HtklXDzkzRP7aCl95A?

Griz

I'm in to buy it now.
--Griz

AceFlyboy

AceFlyboy
LCDR
LCDR

I am playing "devils advocate" now in this discussion, the simulation has been in development for up to eight years.

The youngsters who initially supported it have grown up and away from it. Growing up and grown impatient and losing or lost interest.

The more mature members will persevere and see it out, the real life professional aviators will do so too, but there is a groundswell for completion and release.

Whatever realistic reasons there are for any further delay we are not aware as little information is offered.
This also creates frustration and loss of interest.

These days there are few forms of this genre, the F-35 will soon be in service replacing the F/A-18A and C and so the time frame for interest will decrease as the new wonder fighter comes into focus with simulator developers.

This is why it is now important to finalize development and release this superb and unparalleled product.

Perfect it may or not be but time is running out.

Please may the developer complete the mission.

We wish to spur you on and give impetous and purpose for release.

It's nearly done - push on and complete so you can have final satisfaction and peace of mind at last.

Please !

13Who is willing to buy F-18C in its current 96% condition? please post! Empty One Must Have Patients Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:37 pm

jhook

jhook
ENS
ENS

I, for one, do not wish the devs to release something that is either unfinished (i.e. buggy as hell) or there are some details (critical or not) that are simply not complete.  Yes, it takes a lot of time to do something like this.  This is not a game.  It is a simulation.  If it was a game, it would have been released years ago.  Since this is a simulation, the work needed to accomplish this enormous task can only be described as time consuming.  Since it appears to be almost complete, the wait should not be much longer.  But, I think everyone will be happier when it is released that it is 100% finished with all the bells and whistles it was intended to have.  No doubt that it will need to be patched as we go, but lets hope that any patches needed are not critical.  Enhancement and improvement patches are always a good thing to look forward to.  You do not want to fly a sim that is not complete with a lot of performance issues.  That would be far worse than waiting for that extra time to complete and test this sim before it is released.

Whitey

Whitey
ENS
ENS

Would DEFINETLY buy it at 96%

Phonix644

ENS
ENS

Definitely Would!

ICS_Vortex

i want to buy this sim now!
When will be release?
It's so hard to wait...

Black Angel

Black Angel
ENS
ENS

Yes, i would.
Today i started a flight with the beta 1.03 with my X52. It was great!!! santa
Cant`t wait.........
Greetings Black Angel bounce

http://www.hornetsquadron.de

18Who is willing to buy F-18C in its current 96% condition? please post! Empty YES Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:11 pm

TheMorph

Please yes I have been waiting so longggg bring it to usss!

mack_swiss

mack_swiss
ENS
ENS

yes please santa

Ghost007

Ghost007
ENS
ENS

I sure would.. 1000000000000000000000000000000% What a Face

jomardi

jomardi
LTJG
LTJG

if I'll live on the day of release, then yes Twisted Evil

john_costco

LT
LT

jomardi wrote:if I'll live on the day of release, then yes Twisted Evil

lets hope that it will be soon, this developer is so slow I can not believe it Very Happy and he is so mute , it is so irritating:twisted:

Striker

LTJG
LTJG

john_costco wrote:
jomardi wrote:if I'll live on the day of release, then yes :twisted
lets hope that it will be soon, this developer is so slow I can not believe it Very Happy and he is so mute , it is so irritating:twisted:
I hate to say it because I've been following this since the beginning but I think that this project is dead now. The "developer" has probably realized that with the pending release of DCS 2.0 and the F/A-18C from Eagle Dynamics that this has absolutely no hope of ever gaining any sales at this time.

I've been following ED's development closely and I'm positive that we'll see the "C" from them if not this summer then very soon after that. Very few people would be willing to purchase a stand alone single model simulator at that point in my opinion.

BTW, this has actually been in the works since either very late 2006 or early 2007. I got a copy of the original demo file either right before or right after I moved to CA and that was in the very late fall of 2006. So that make this at least an 8 year old project.

damson

LCDR
LCDR

Striker wrote:
john_costco wrote:
I hate to say it because I've been following this since the beginning but I think that this project is dead now. The "developer" has probably realized that with the pending release of DCS 2.0 and the F/A-18C from Eagle Dynamics that this has absolutely no hope of ever gaining any sales at this time.

I've been following ED's development closely and I'm positive that we'll see the "C" from them if not this summer then very soon after that. Very few people would be willing to purchase a stand alone single model simulator at that point in my opinion.

BTW, this has actually been in the works since either very late 2006 or early 2007. I got a copy of the original demo file either right before or right after I moved to CA and that was in the very late fall of 2006. So that make this at least an 8 year old project.

I don't agree with your opinion. Even when DCS2 does goes out in near future, nothing stops me from getting both sims. All flight sims fans should support their beloved genre if they don't want to play only casual FPS in the future (slight exaggeration but you get the point).

So what it's 8 years old project? It's made by handful of people that seem to care about it. You can say that DCS is 20+ year old project, it has been in development from early '90 with the first release being Su-27 Flanker in 1995 and later continuously updated, the only difference is that ED released their work frequently unpolished and with bunch of bugs. I'm not hating ED or anything, I own most of the titles they released, but I rather spend my money on another flight sim than on another Call of Duty and we all know how sparse flight sims are nowadays.

It only saddens me seeing fellow simmers with that attitude...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC99HtklXDzkzRP7aCl95A?

Striker

LTJG
LTJG

damson wrote:
Striker wrote:
john_costco wrote:

I don't agree with your opinion. Even when DCS2 does goes out in near future, nothing stops me from getting both sims. All flight sims fans should support their beloved genre if they don't want to play only casual FPS in the future (slight exaggeration but you get the point).

So what it's 8 years old project? It's made by handful of people that seem to care about it. You can say that DCS is 20+ year old project, it has been in development from early '90 with the first release being Su-27 Flanker in 1995 and later continuously updated, the only difference is that ED released their work frequently unpolished and with bunch of bugs. I'm not hating ED or anything, I own most of the titles they released, but I rather spend my money on another flight sim than on another Call of Duty and we all know how sparse flight sims are nowadays.

It only saddens me seeing fellow simmers with that attitude...
Don't be so thin skinned. I'm only stating the facts as I see them. Sure, I would love to purchase this as well and have supported it from the beginning if you search my posts. I'm a huge supporter of the flight sim community in general. I just don't see any future in a sim that's been taking so long and with ED almost ready to release their version of the bug.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum