Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pitching deck

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pitching deck Empty Pitching deck Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:05 am

Miximix

LT
LT

Hello Seven-g team!. Just seen this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVgBayUfPJU ) and wanted to ask if there will be such a cool feature in the sim. I think it would be better to implement it, if it isn't done yet Smile. It's only my opinion guys, so don't judge strictly. Very Happy

2Pitching deck Empty Re: Pitching deck Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:31 am

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

A realistic condition no doubt. Many sims advertise a rolling pitching flight deck but I have yet to notice it in sims unless Im wrong. Im usually satisfied if the flight deck is at least cutting through the water with it's screws leaving a trail behind. C-Matt put out a video that is about 40 minuets in length so we could all see what we have been waiting for. A very nice sample. Have you seen that one yet? Two concerns I have. 1. not a big concern but the resolution capabilities within the finished product. Im certain the video is just a video and resolutions will be not an issue with today's standards. 2. A bigger concern in my mind for me after looking at the video is ground objects and terrain detail. I really couldn't see any for low level flying. In DCS the ground objects and terrain textures are the best I have had in any sim. BMS Falcon lacks in some terrain textures a bit. The Israel theater has some much better terrain tectures within the land as well as the water shore line. So Im hoping the terrain textures I see in the video are not the final deal to be respectfully honest here. I think DCS-Eagle Dynamics has made some very cool stuff being that A10 along with that Black Shark 2 chopper. My system runs these sims maxed out. I use a TM HOTAS Warthog with Saitek fighter jet rudder pedals and I just recently purchased a Trackir-5 for the head. Once I connected the Head tracker-5 I about fell out of my seat. I have been doing it all wrong all this time. Now the Migs have a real hard time getting away from me and I can spend time working on stragity trying not to bleed off all my jets energy. One exercise I do on my own is lock up on a mig in CAC mode and then fly all the way up where I can touch him almost. Just fly up to him. The computers AI tries to use the speed brake and cause me to over shoot past it and sometimes it will also try to maneuver in ways to bleed off my energy and cause me to stall a bit. Not very realistic but fun to practice throttle and maneuvering myself. I am certain with a another human instead of the sims AI it would be different many times, but with Trackir-5 I can now shoot 3 to 4 before they can shoot me. This was not usually possible on a regular basis. And the 3D angles I can now see are a surprise as I lean around. I can sit up and look out the canopy and see the gray nose of the F15.
Only thing missing in DCS is a Hornet to fly. I always wished that Falcon 4.0 back in the day was Hornet 4.0. But soon I hope we will have a winner being a "7 Gs" Hornet! clown

3Pitching deck Empty Re: Pitching deck Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:41 am

wwshr87

ENS
ENS

The aircraft carrier on Janes F-18 has a pitching deck on foul weather. When you are in the deck in those condition you see the pitch on the HUD, it's pretty cool. It looks like they still have not implemented weather conditions, at least it has not been shown on videos yet... unless I'm mistaken.

Cheers!

4Pitching deck Empty Re: Pitching deck Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:21 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Oh yeah... Laughing The ole Janes FA18E super Hornet. That might be the worst cockpit I have ever seen. Ha Ha Laughing Then the radio has that one guy's voice that sounds like a football game anouncer and that girl's voice...Expected approach time 1-1 time now 1-2?? That chick's voice almost makes me think that she might be nakid I love you

Yeah...the deck was pitching a bit. The deck at night didn't look bad for the time created, I remember the lights and the outside of the jet looked good. The format of the game menu was very nice, but the game itself got borning quick for me.
I hope in 7gs we can hear the pilot breath and I hope it will turn out real well. Looks like it most likely will perhaps.
Ya know... Wouldn't it be a surprise if DCS all of a sudden had a Hornet to buy and download just like they did with Black Shark 2 unadvertised?! That would be a trip.

5Pitching deck Empty Re: Pitching deck Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:32 pm

zed

FSX vrs super bug tacpac provides a pitching deck function with 3 different levels of intensity....

6Pitching deck Empty Pitching Deck Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:24 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

Yeah I have FSX Superbug. Though I am impressed with the Hornet model in it, I am not really into it being a Microsoft Add on. I wish it was it's own game. It is a different kind of flight sim but it is done very well. I still wish DCS would create a Super Hornet or a Class C Hornet. Then there is the hopes of the infamous 7gs

Time will tell. Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum