Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cockpit builders

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cockpit builders Empty Cockpit builders Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:02 am

Ripcord

ENS
ENS

Guys

Please be sure that you enable a way to export the MFD screens and other data onto additional monitors or across networks. Please make that shared memory available to somebody out there that is willing/able to write an exporter/extractor tool. Or just provide it.

Also be sure you recognize these new Thrustmaster Cougar MFD things (I think you would, it is just like a joystick). I am sure we would also be able to program the keypresses as well, create custom keyboards, etc.

Ripcord

2Cockpit builders Empty Re: Cockpit builders Mon May 10, 2010 2:51 am

raus

raus
ENS
ENS

Yes, pleeeease!!! It would be wonderful to have a shared memory area available to fetch for different parameters as in falcon 4 (okay, it could be better than that ;-) )and the possibility to extract the MPDs, or, at least the labels of the MPDs and the info, just to render the images externally.

Just let us know if you're thinking into it Smile

3Cockpit builders Empty Re: Cockpit builders Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:28 am

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

This would be awesome. If they could cater for external MFDs (and added button inputs), the RWR, and a convenient way of extracting steam gauge data would make the job of building a sim so much more straightforward than what's occurring at the moment with existing simulator software.

I'd love to build a Hornet pit, I would have done so sooner if there was a decent candidate like F4 derivatives were for Viper pits. Now there will be! Wink

4Cockpit builders Empty Re: Cockpit builders Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:24 pm

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

In addition to this, for true sim cockpits isn't it true that you really need, for instance, an "up" command and a "down" command for the landing gear rather than assigning a button for "landing gear toggle". That way if you made a pit and started with your switches/levers in the wrong position it wouldn't prevent them from working incorrectly. Ie. if your landing gear lever was supposed to be down but you started with it up (and your ingame landing gear was down), and you pushed the lever to the down position, the game would receive an down command which wouldn't do anything since the gear is already down. If it was toggle style, then it would change the gear state which would be out of sync with the lever.

Bad explanation, but you know what I mean (I hope!). Laughing

5Cockpit builders Empty Re: Cockpit builders Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:35 am

Chain

LTJG
LTJG

Shared memory for sim interface would be essential for me to get my F/A-18 simpit working.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum