Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18

+3
vgp78
3Sqn_eldiablo
Brontolo
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Empty DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:11 am

Brontolo

Brontolo
ENS
ENS

Now that ED is moving toward a server-client architecture with DCS World as a base for modules and 3d party software too, it's impossible to think of a porting-like moving of the F18 as a DCS module?

I mean, DCS World will do all the rest and you guys will can focusing only on the F18.
I know it means probably postpone the release date but will be and already done world to use with the F18.

My 2 cents, don't be rude on me affraid

It's only the fact that i can't wait no longer to puts my hands on the F18!!!!!

(Italian here, sorry for my grammar)

2DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Empty Re: DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 am

3Sqn_eldiablo

LT
LT

DCS is DCS , 7G is 7G ... I don't think they can mix up things at this stage of develop, but if they'll do , 7G will be sale just as module... this will probably mean less money for 7G team for each purchase , but in the other hand probably more money coming by more ppl ...
For now I wish 7G to finish their job without been a DCS 3d party ...

3DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Empty Re: DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Wed May 02, 2012 1:27 pm

vgp78

LT
LT

I dont want to interrupt you but

NOT GOOD IDEA Shocked

just give your support to seveng

4DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Empty Re: DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Thu May 03, 2012 3:20 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

That's not how it works.

5DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Empty Re: DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Sun May 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Clutch17

I'm curious to know. Why is it such a bad idea?

Is it beacuase the pride and hard work you put thus far in this sim? Or because of money loss or what? Just curious.

After opening up 3rd party devolepors I can see a lot of modders attracted to this. I thought maybe you guys and the falcon team would be able to create a real quality f-16 and f-18 sim in the DCS world but I'm just curious as to why your not interested.

6DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Empty Re: DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Sun May 06, 2012 4:38 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Well I'm pretty sure that will be a personal business decision by the developer and thus somewhat private.

What I was trying to say before is that I don't think you understand enough of how these things are developed. You can't just instantly swap it over to a different code base. There is a very long list of parts that cannot be moved or used elsewhere without considerable re-engineering, and a very short list of parts that can.

7DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Empty Re: DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 pm

damson

LCDR
LCDR

I agree, don't bother with DCS. I'm not saying the DCS engine is bad, but from what I see 7G is better (at least it appears to be). I especially like the environmental effects like haze and sky colouring which is perfectly done, most sims don't get it right but watching screenshots from 7G sometimes it feels like watching real photo and the "Seven-G F/A-18 RCAF Hornets in Action" video is most close to real life video I've ever seen of a flight sim. Not to mention DCS is a resource hog...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC99HtklXDzkzRP7aCl95A?

8DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Empty Re: DCS World & Seven-g F/A 18 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Smokin

Smokin
ENS
ENS

First let me just say hello to everyone. My first time here at Seven-G.

Second, and I hate to dig up an old post, but being a BMS and DCS guy, when I read this thread I felt compelled to respond. From what I have seen in the videos, I would agree with Mr. Damson there. The Seven-G flight physics/model/aesthetics win the bout hands down. Based on what I've seen so far of course. However, one thing that will always be true about our favorite sims is at the end of the day, they're all 1's and 0's when you get right down to the bone. If there were a way for the Seven-G guys to adapt the model to DCS using their SDK, it would at least be worth investigating. Simply from a business standpoint, it opens up another revenue stream. If the costs outweigh the benefits of such a move, then flush it and flush it fast. If the balance sheet looks good, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. I believe ol' Gus Grissom said it best, "No bucks, no Buck Rogers." If there's a way to generate revenue to help make Seven-G even that much more awesome, it's got my vote. Again, of course, that's if and only if the cost/reward is green.

Anyway, glad I found this place. Can't wait to see this thing in action. Rock on gentlemen!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum