Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C

+5
MudRat02
PL_Harpoon
BeakerVBA
secret1962
Scoggs
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Scoggs

ENS
ENS

Just wanted to point out that there are rumours that the next Eagle Dynamics jet is the Charlie.

http://www.cleared-to-engage.com/2011/03/30/dcs-f-18c-on-the-horizon/

Not here to troll or anything, just wanted the developers to know

2Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:08 am

secret1962

LTJG
LTJG

Yea, old news.

3Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:59 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Something tells me that it won't happen. Not that it matters.

4Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 am

PL_Harpoon

LT
LT

DCS is making a P-51 sim right now.
That's a fact.

And based on what they've wrote they're planning to make more old-school planes after that.

5Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:36 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Actually, based on what they wrote, it's more complicated than that. The best way to describe it is that we don't know and won't know what's going on until they see fit to announce it. That's how this business works... no sense speculating over what might be.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=81589

6Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:41 am

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

You've got to be joking. A P-51 sim? How boring.

7Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:55 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Many would disagree. (Including myself. As a pilot, and a Yankee, I love the P-51!) The key distinction is that they're making a P-51... not a P-51 sim. It just joins the DCS environment. (Which is justly the source of most complaints.) With that in mind, and knowing that they're actually pretty far along in development, I see no problem with more aircraft! I hope they branch off into the civilian realm and try to create a "whole" flight simulator rather than just a simulation of select combat aircraft.

8Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 pm

secret1962

LTJG
LTJG

You guys are a little too fast to end with some conclusions.
First: dcs p51 is part of flying legends series.
Second: you don't like it ? don't buy it.
Third: the US fixed wing jet is being worked in parallel.
Fourth: I believe we'll have a DCS-F/A-18C
And remember, it's mostly like we'll have a lot of modules in some years, all online compatible with each other. What do you want more from life ? Nevada dlc is also being worked in parallel and will be out in this summer.

EDIT: flaming cliffs 3 is also being worked in parallel.
EDIT: and remember combined arms addon.

9Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:05 pm

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

Thanks, secret. I'm well aware that I don't have to buy it if I don't want to. I have nothing against the mustang but there's already other decent sims with the p-51. Im a pilot too, and I don't have much of an interest in flying aircraft with less performance and technology than what I'm already flying. Where's the fun in that? I'm well aware that doesn't represent the sim community at large but as I said, the p51 is out there already.

Last edited by MudRat02 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:44 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

MudRat02 wrote:I don't have much of an interest in flying aircraft with less performance and technology than what I'm already flying. Where's the fun in that?

Oh, what kind of heresy is this? What do those RAAF guys teach you?? Shocked

11Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:37 am

Baron

ENS
ENS

MudRat02 wrote:Thanks, secret. I'm well aware that I don't have to buy it if I don't want to. I have nothing against the mustang but there's already other decent sims with the p-51. Im a pilot too, and I don't have much of an interest in flying aircraft with less performance and technology than what I'm already flying. Where's the fun in that? I'm well aware that doesn't represent the sim community at large but as I said, the p51 is out there already.

P-51 has a fair bit more performance than the PC-9!

12Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:52 am

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

Is that what I'm flying these days!? I don't know what lead us to that conclusion!

13Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:39 am

Baron

ENS
ENS

MudRat02 wrote:

I'm in the first stage of flight training (BFTS), so for me Hawks will be at the end of next year at the earliest. I haven't been over to RAAF Williamtown recently, but the Hawk LIF instructors/students pass through our base quite often to give us a bit of motivation, so we may have crossed paths.

Sorry, was just basing it on the above from July last year.

14Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 am

secret1962

LTJG
LTJG

MudRat02 wrote:

Is that what I'm flying these days!? I don't know what lead us to that conclusion!

It's in the flying legends series and, cmon, how can you insult a plane like the p51 ? You can be a pilot but rest assure there are other people that want go back to WWII, and the damn modern jets, helicopters are being developed in parallel. What the hell is wrong with dcs p51 ?!!!! I don't understand you guys !!!

15Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

secret1962- Geez. Easy there, killer. Time for a break.

MudRat - It's a bit like a '69 Corvette Sting Ray compared to a Ferrari 458. There's something very solid and metallic and important about the Mustang. It's a piece of history, true, but anyone who loves airplanes and airshows can tell you it's the "Cadillac" of propeller driven aircraft. There's something incredibly attractive and full of character about a V12 and the complexity of a reciprocating engine from its heyday. The sound of a Merlin and the whine of the supercharger is a bit of heaven.

Maybe it resonates with Americans more, but if you asked any American fighter pilot what aircraft he'd like to own (if he could own any,) I bet 9/10 would answer with the Mustang.

So why NOT put it into a simulator?

16Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 pm

Baron

ENS
ENS

I personally want a spitfire Smile

Maybe one day... kinda

http://www.supermarineaircraft.com/

17Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:03 am

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

BeakerVBA wrote:
MudRat - It's a bit like a '69 Corvette Sting Ray compared to a Ferrari 458. There's something very solid and metallic and important about the Mustang. It's a piece of history, true, but anyone who loves airplanes and airshows can tell you it's the "Cadillac" of propeller driven aircraft. There's something incredibly attractive and full of character about a V12 and the complexity of a reciprocating engine from its heyday. The sound of a Merlin and the whine of the supercharger is a bit of heaven.

Maybe it resonates with Americans more, but if you asked any American fighter pilot what aircraft he'd like to own (if he could own any,) I bet 9/10 would answer with the Mustang.

So why NOT put it into a simulator?

I can appreciate the Mustang, and for sure it does deserve to be simulated - but wasn't I right in saying that it has been done before, many times and quite thoroughly? I don't dabble much in that sim genre but I'm pretty sure that's accurate, but on the other hand DCS has released some unique titles based on modern equipment. I stand by what I said previously, and I do think it would be a waste if they re-simulated the P-51 instead of giving us something new. For those reasons (although not on performance/tech grounds!) I'd also be disappointed if they brought us DCS F-16, however unlikely that is.

18Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:51 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Fair point. You really can't count any other simulator reincarnation of it to date, but A2A Simulations has been working on one for FSX for quite some time. It looks like it will be really well made... for FSX. FSX is still terribly limited by terrible multiplayer latency.

19Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Teapot

ENS
ENS

Based on my experience with the DCS P-51, if DCS were to get a 3rd party dev to make WWII era planes it would be a superior experience to any WWII combat flight sim to date in terms of fidelity.
Comparing flight dynamics, *feel of flight* and complex engnie management to existing WWII era sims (CLOD, IL2 1946 ver 4.11,), DCS P51 wins hands down (IMO). So .. I really hope that the 3rd dev's start to see the opportunity here Smile.

It's be interesting to see what the next jet will be. I hope it's the Charlie Hornet. Really looking forward to SevenG's product and waiting in the wings for the BMS example in their next upgrade. One can never have too many Hornets Wink

20Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:41 pm

=Casio=

ENS
ENS

The P-51 is a great plane but it was easy to integrate it into the existing DCS series, because it doesn't need a radar system like the existing helicopters and the A-10 aircraft.

It's still a weakness of DCS that a realistic radar doesn't exist and ground units like SAM sites only shoot in the line of sight.

Let us hope we'll get an improvement with the Mig-21 or F/A-18.

21Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty Re: Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 am

Teapot

ENS
ENS

FYI JimMack from ED posted this a while ago (on the DCS forums)in response to questions as to why the Mustang was modeled.

"We have proved we can model fixed wing jets, and rotary wing. The third "leg of the stool" is prop aircraft, which obviously have completely different characteristics to jets. It opens up opportunities for modern prop aircraft, Pilatus, Tuscano etc."

Might help to see DCS strategy from an overall point of view.

22Rumours os DCS:F/A-18C Empty F/A-18C confirmed Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 pm

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

Matt Wagner confirmed a F/A-18C Hornet being in development in this recent radio interview:

http://truthfrequencyradio.com/beyond-w-tony-kudos-17182/

(go forward to Min. 54:00)

That's awesome news! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum