Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

What battlefield do you want in seven-g?

+40
ROSS_BerryMORE
WarLock
asbestosfiber6
Goshawk
m4t
korbi - 47th
Smokin
jomardi
damson
Wolfhound
vgp78
Dead Man's Hand
F16C_Corsair
mattcapman
RhineHornet
Miximix
ACC
6s.duke
sosoxia
ricnunes
fredjetware
Striker
Asator
TUAF-VEGA
5LG9Z
Blackfly01
oscn101
cayote
Dragon
twon01
Baron
jonmar
BeakerVBA
MudRat02
PL_Harpoon
636_Castle
johnsmith
cmatt
Asp
Admin
44 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What battlefield do you want in seven-g?

What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% [ 17 ]
What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% [ 50 ]
What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% [ 38 ]
What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% [ 49 ]
What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 185

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Striker

LTJG
LTJG

I voted for "Other" but what I would really like would be a theater similar in scope to the Balkan one in F4AF. Close to Russia with pretty much every allied asset and huge variety in terrain. The next best would be Korea for the same basic reasons.

27What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Empty Balkans theater Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:29 am

fredjetware

ENS
ENS

I voted other, to have a theater with countries of Balkans, with carrier in mediterranean sea and fighter liies from nato airbase in europa.

Fred

Blackfly01

Blackfly01
LCDR
LCDR

What are you using to build your terrains? Having the most experience with Thirdwire, they went from a downloadable terrain maker and DEM to using something else and making it in 3DS Max.

Admin

Admin
CDR
CDR

seveng uses STRM data about 100 meter per pixel resolution, and satellite images but don't uses 3ds for creating , uses photoshop... hope to be used better terrain engine but at first release have to go with current one Wink

http://www.seveng-f18.com

ricnunes

ENS
ENS

I voted Korea but my vote would go to Taiwan if that option was available! Very plausible naval with possible US Navy aircraft carriers and with a very powerfull opponent (China) and of course a new, diferent and refreshing scenario (Korea for example was modeled several times in the past).

sosoxia

ENS
ENS

plz~~ make some building onto the terrain~~~ Crying or Very sad

6s.duke

First choise Lybia for me, second Iraq.

ACC

Australia would be a vote for any add on scenery.

Miximix

LT
LT

Voted for Korea but it would be nice to have operation Iraqi Freedom as the second campaign as well.

35What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Empty Voted for other Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:08 pm

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

since I would like to have a central European theatre scenario. Doing training missions in CF-18's out of (now former) Canadian Forces Base Baden-Soellingen in West Germany, hummmm...

...just dreaming (though it would be nice to have an SDK to create our own terrain and airfields).

mattcapman

ENS
ENS

I am for Iraq

F16C_Corsair

ENS
ENS

Voted Korea. I love it in BMS ! Very Happy
Why Korea ? Well, all the reasons said before, but mainly because both sides are equivalent: no more AKs or orther outdated gear, but dangerous MiG-29 and other stuff !!

Dead Man's Hand

You could get that anywhere. As stated previously, every square inch of the planet has the potential to be the source of pretendy fun-time games.

The reality of it is what seveng wants to introduce. Yes, Korea has populated the computer screen real estate for an incredibly long time. Although familiar ground is attractive on the surface, all it will do (in the end) is introduce a "who has done it better" comparison between this and Falcon based on the theater alone. I don't see Korea being very business smart even though us (you) Falcon simmers love the peninsula.

I like the suggestion of Iran; it's different. If you look at Iran topographically, it's a rather big playground with an incredible amount of potential for even the smallest amount of imagination.

It's something new. The last "new" sim that introduced a new theater was DCS. Even though ED has screwed up the airports, DCS simmers still love the landscape; a lot of water, mountains, large map overall. Generally, it was a good choice. Imagine if they picked Korea? Yeah, no...let's not.

The middle-east region is always buzzing with conflict, making it a brilliant flagship location. As such, you can (as you suggested Admin) expand/build on from there (similarly in MSFS).

Late, I know...but worth a mention at least.

Miximix

LT
LT

Very good comment Dead Man's Hand i like your point of view Smile

vgp78

LT
LT

a different theater could be a naval environment for example atlantic or pacific ocean
with many islands ,no need for airports for base cause you have only your carrier.
both sides could operate only from carriers and as a rare alternative you could use some friendly airports etc

Wolfhound

ENS
ENS

I voted for Iraq.

damson

LCDR
LCDR

I voted for other. Maybe Bering Sea with some alternative post cold war scenario? Or maybe Kurile Islands (similar scenario to OF Dragon Rising). What about mid-western South America (Chile/Bolivia) with Andes Maountains and access to Pacific Ocean (for CV operations)?

Also before mentioned Iranian theatre sounds interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC99HtklXDzkzRP7aCl95A?

jomardi

jomardi
LTJG
LTJG

I voted for Korea! because I think, for developers will more easy to make (as I know S.W. Park is from Korea)

damson

LCDR
LCDR

After thinking this through I would like to see Taiwan, as it was mostly never used (I can recall its appearence only in Jane's Fighters Anthology/ATF) and could be probable (clash with China over Taiwan).

BTW, what theatres are included so far? From the 1.03 demo it seems to be the big island of Hawaii and seen in recent videos - Nevada. Are both of them going to be included in the final release?

Last edited by damson on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added content)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC99HtklXDzkzRP7aCl95A?

Smokin

Smokin
ENS
ENS

RhineHornet wrote:since I would like to have a central European theatre scenario. Doing training missions in CF-18's out of (now former) Canadian Forces Base Baden-Soellingen in West Germany, hummmm...

...just dreaming (though it would be nice to have an SDK to create our own terrain and airfields).

I swallowed real hard first and voted for the OEF campaign. However, RH here has a great idea. A good European theater would be real cool. Would have nice terrain changes and bases with a good fighter pedigree.

Also someone else made the case for some good range scenery. That'd be great too. Nevada/SoCal could cover the "usual suspects". (Irwin, Nellis, El Centro, Fallon...etc.) For Mr. RhineHornet, perhaps Cold Lake and the Alberta ranges. Heck, if anyone ever does the entire UK it's just one range after another from Cornwall to Scotland.

But at the end of the day, I'm sure we'll all be happy with what gets done. Such a gorgeous looking sim already.

korbi - 47th

if you take Korea, please take parts of China to it, then you can plan longer and realistic missions Very Happy

m4t

How about the Swiss Alps for training? :-)

48What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Empty I prefer Korea Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:18 am

Goshawk

Goshawk
ENS
ENS

I prefer Korea first, and then middle east, balkans uuuffff ....! I want all scenarios ...
Seriously Korea,but could be other scenarios like BMS style.
Very Happy Very Happy

Miximix

LT
LT

at first i thought that Iraq will be the best scenery, but since situation in North Korea is becoming hotter and hotter, i think that Korea will be better theater.

50What battlefield do you want in seven-g? - Page 2 Empty Iraq Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:32 am

asbestosfiber6

ENS
ENS

I reckon this would be the best Theater of war. Iraq gives more immersion because of its past was and videos we have seen. Plus Korea is a bit boring landscape wise and has been in past simulators like Falcon 4 E.C.T:o Surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum