Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

a question on skins

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1a question on skins Empty a question on skins Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Banshee

Banshee
ENS
ENS

I know this may be a little early, but will we ba able to do skins. I know there are alotta Navy boys out there, but I need to sport some Marine Corps paint. If customs are not available can we get a couple Marine squadrons represented.... I know vanity is a sin Twisted Evil

2a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Admin

Admin
CDR
CDR

you can do it

http://www.seveng-f18.com

3a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Banshee

Banshee
ENS
ENS

Sweet so eventually there will be some voided template we can download, maybe use my photoshop elite skillz Rolling Eyes . I shall do my best, custom skins are the cats pajamas

4a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 pm

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

Banshee wrote:Sweet so eventually there will be some voided template we can download, maybe use my photoshop elite skillz Rolling Eyes . I shall do my best, custom skins are the cats pajamas

I've made a few RAAF ones that I used with the 1.03 demo, "the bee's knees" is the first thing that comes to mind.

5a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:26 am

Banshee

Banshee
ENS
ENS

Without breaking any rules, can you send me the old file that you used as a template...just for skinning practice ( and maybe a screenie of your work What a Face ), my original was lost with a fried harddrive and Im waiting to see if they release a new "beta". I'm really new at it but have always wanted to give her a whirl, I figure if I start now i might get one done by the time the Marines are flying F35s. What type of file is it and is it similiar to skinning in say IL-2. Thanks Mud
Banshee

6a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Banshee

Banshee
ENS
ENS

this is the baby I wanna do Twisted Evil

a question on skins 800px-VMFA-122_FA-18C_at_Al_Asad

7a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:50 pm

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

Nice. The folder where the pics to edit are in this directory (for me) C:\Program Files (x86)\Seven-G\data\aircraft . I cleared the template and put my own pics over it, its a bit messy. Ideally we need a proper blank template, mine isn't blank anymore anyway Laughing . This is the scheme I did, RAAF 3 Squadron:

a question on skins 20101010raaf8165233_046

8a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:26 am

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper
LTJG
LTJG

Looks like I am going to have to learn how to do skins as well. But hey 2 Marine squads on the prowl - OUTSTANDING!

9a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:30 am

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper
LTJG
LTJG

OK. I have done a little work on skins, and I am able to change it w/o the game crashing lol. Below are 4 pics of the VFA-195 "DAMBUSTERS".

a question on skins 0

a question on skins 1

a question on skins 2

a question on skins 3

Now I want to test to see if the mod enabler that we use for JF-18 will work for this game with the same amount of ease.

10a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:54 am

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper
LTJG
LTJG

OK, the JSGME mod enabler works great. So you are able to keep the integrity of the files in the demo alone, and just click on the skin you want to fly as. You can have multiple skins available to apply. However, you can only activate one at a time. This is good for those who like to change their "colors" often or for the MP community, you can have your squadron's markings.

With the dev's permission, I am willing to make skins for the group here. Just list your F/A-18C/D squad markings you would like to have done and I will post the zip file here once I have it completed. Just be sure to read the readme file, for I won't be held responsible if your putter crashes. pirat

11a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:57 pm

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

After my initial tests, I've just been working on a marking template that I can just pull a specific sqn marking from and "stamp" onto the stock Hornet skin whenever I desire (for the time being). Unfinished (and one of them is a RAAF Super Hornet tail marking, just for kicks Wink ).

a question on skins Hornetmarkings

I'm having a problem with screenies at the moment so that's it for now.

12a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Blackfly01

Blackfly01
LCDR
LCDR

So to do the skins you just have to repaint those in the aircrafts folder? Right now with the F18 and MiG21 skin folders there? That's it?

I know I saw one with a CF18 skin on it but I think I'll ramp Photoshop up and work one up. Do you game guys have a template with the panel lines available?

13a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:39 pm

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

I haven't looked into it that thoroughly so this probably isn't the easiest way, but I just used a simple paint program to remove the old markings so that I had the hornet skin with the joins and so on. Then I chucked some of my own marks over the top. If I remember rightly, you have to compress your markings horizontally a bit first because the whole thing is squashed a bit.

14a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Blackfly01

Blackfly01
LCDR
LCDR

a question on skins Ohtemplates-1

30 mins of color replacing and a maple leaf or two. I will be interesting to see the next beta. Interesting the layout of the model in jpgs. I see the MiG21 is using BMPs.

15a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:14 pm

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper
LTJG
LTJG

Here is a pic of the VFA 15 Valions.

a question on skins 4

16a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Blackfly01

Blackfly01
LCDR
LCDR

Where is that VFA on the LEX fence hiding?

17a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:21 pm

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper
LTJG
LTJG

LEX? BTY admins I can not figure out why the vfa 123 is showing up on the eadge of the wing. I looked every where on the image files to remove it but I can not seem to find it.

18a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Blackfly01

Blackfly01
LCDR
LCDR

Also the back of the aircraft on either side of the spine and down around the airbrake...where is that texture?

19a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:00 am

Admin

Admin
CDR
CDR

Maybe in the dds file? I can't remember, current version all replace to dds file format.
Sorry I can't help with it.

http://www.seveng-f18.com

20a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Blackfly01

Blackfly01
LCDR
LCDR

Its the ANTENA.dds image that has that pesky VFA-123 in it.

21a question on skins Empty Re: a question on skins Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:23 pm

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper

VMFA(AW)-225_Reaper
LTJG
LTJG

here is the VFA-25 skin

a question on skins 5

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum