Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video I Made

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Video I Made Empty Video I Made Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:26 pm

636_Castle

636_Castle
LT
LT

Seven G 1.03 Early Beta

2Video I Made Empty Re: Video I Made Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Admin

Admin
CDR
CDR

Nice vid Smile

http://www.seveng-f18.com

3Video I Made Empty Re: Video I Made Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:47 am

McBadaz

LTJG
LTJG

kinda related-(1 of your other uploads)
hey castle, i saw the video on the saitek fix

would that also work for the y axis as well?
literally today everything was fine with the joystick (coincidentally i was trying to make a profile for seveng 1.03), i closed it, did some internet stuff, got bored opened up fsx, and then realized the y axis had basically failed. Mad
the control panel shows that everything else work perfectly fine, but the y axis is stuck and glitchy (it moves a tiny amount every now and then when i move it) i registered on the saitek forums but god knows how long it will take to get my account moderator approved (wth is that) so for now your my only recourse
i tried other usb ports, same problem, i tried the regedit fix, same problem

4Video I Made Empty Re: Video I Made Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:51 am

636_Castle

636_Castle
LT
LT

Are you saying the Y-Axis is is totally unresponsive except for slight movement? Are you getting this off of the Saitek control panel viewer? You could try reinstalling Saitek drivers...

I'm hesitant to say it's the potentiometer, because I've only heard of Z rotation issues on that. If reinstalling the drivers doesn't work, try taking the bottom of the stick's base off. Should be 4 phillips screws on the underside - one is hiding under a rubber sticker. Then move the Y axis back and forth and make sure everything looks good. Make sure there aren't any pinched wires that were pulled off of a contact. If that doesn't work, then by all means try the fix in my vid. The only way you can harm your stick is by doing this assembly wrong, so there's no real danger.

If you're expecting to get help from Saitek, you're in for a HUUUGE disappointment haha.

Admin wrote:Nice vid Smile

Haha thankyou sir but not quite as nice as the landing in your 2.02 vid. Also I didn't have a sexy 6.5-7g carrier break because I needed to play it safe - I was stuck in that view for the entire landing due to no replay feature!!! (hint...hint...)

5Video I Made Empty Re: Video I Made Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:22 am

McBadaz

LTJG
LTJG

hey thanks for the reply

the y axis does not move at all, but every now and then when i move the stick fully forward and backward (like desperately but not to such a damaging degree) a lot I'll get a minuscule response in the control panel

ill try opening it in the mornin-
I've tried playing seven-g with a 360 controller, but since there had to be an assigned throttle axis (as far as i know) it doesn't work to well
(wish i hadn't thrown away my old logitech 3d-though in retrospect it WAS garbage)

6Video I Made Empty Re: Video I Made Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:00 am

636_Castle

636_Castle
LT
LT

Well let me know what you find out and I'll try to help you get it sorted. No flying = Mad Evil or Very Mad bounce scratch ... so you probably wanna get back in the air ASAP.

7Video I Made Empty Re: Video I Made Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 pm

McBadaz

LTJG
LTJG

(btw sorry for making this kinda of a help thread)

okay, so i deducted from the info i was getting from the control panel the y axis only worked on the lower extreme (like the bottom 10% if the whole axis) so then got to the original windows calibration wizard (by deleting all the saved calibration and driver (i think im not sure Question )) and finally saw the raw data. ( was there an easier way of doing this O.o?) any way the pots seem to be stuck in the range 1600ish thru 2247, out of 0-2247. You know of any possible solutions (lol if not I'm gonna start a thread for recommended HOTAS controllers any1 may have experience with so i can replace my x52)

btw could i replace that pot with another1 (albeit not magnetic)

Last edited by McBadaz on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

8Video I Made Empty Re: Video I Made Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:17 pm

636_Castle

636_Castle
LT
LT

You could try the method I have in my video. I think you'd be better off buying a new joystick before replacing the pot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum