Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

delete12345

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1delete12345 Empty delete12345 Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:17 am

junkster55

ENS
ENS

delete

Last edited by lqcorsa on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

2delete12345 Empty Re: delete12345 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:32 am

secret1962

LTJG
LTJG

It's mostly like that if there is a DCS F/A-18C coming, it'd come faster.

3delete12345 Empty Re: delete12345 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 pm

vgp78

LT
LT

if i recall since the last time i wrote here i think that the development is more than 80 %
i remember the day that the progress went 80% we had not seen any terain screen nor video

but the question is this admin are we close? Smile

4delete12345 Empty Re: delete12345 Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:35 pm

junkster55

ENS
ENS

The feel of the 1.03(?) beta is so much fun. The flight model, and the wingflex, and LSO grading.

I love the Hornet so much... Crying or Very sad

But it's like there's 1 admin on these forums, and cmatt. And nobody really knows the development status. There's no dev blog or anything. It's all just based on faith.

If I'm going to be investing in something, I'd like to know customer service will be decent. Smile

Shoot, I'd even help with development if the admin would reply to my PMs.

I'm just worried, and impatient now is all. Razz

5delete12345 Empty Re: delete12345 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:05 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

lqcorsa wrote:But it's like there's 1 admin on these forums, and cmatt. And nobody really knows the development status. There's no dev blog or anything. It's all just based on faith.

Is there some law that says the creator must update you daily on his work, or maintain a blog? He's hard at work, and not concerning himself with constantly updating you! There's no "faith" to it as if you've already spent money.

lqcorsa wrote:If I'm going to be investing in something, I'd like to know customer service will be decent. Smile

Then wait until the product is available before expecting to see "customer service." You're not yet a customer.

lqcorsa wrote:I'm just worried, and impatient now is all. Razz

Yeah, clearly. Take it easy! Wink

6delete12345 Empty Re: delete12345 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:14 pm

junkster55

ENS
ENS

Beaker you completely missed the mark. I don't know any more about the development of Seven G than you do. For all we know, there could be a completely dedicated person on the Seven G team that is responsible for forum posts. Maybe there isn't. Nobody knows. That's the point I was getting at.

I'm not asking to be constantly updated, lol. The last dev note was...some 16 months ago or something? Asking for more than that isn't exactly asking to be updated daily. You're exaggerating quite a bit. Not only that, but I wasn't asking for it from a specific person. I mentioned there only being the one "admin" on these forums, to point out that maybe there's a lacking team, and/or they've refused to open up to the talented development community and loyal followers completely.

Again...you completely missed the mark and misinterpreted almost everything I said. Hearing official updates once every year or two makes me question what customer service will be like, once I become a customer.

And above all, I'm questioning the apparent percentage increase over the last 12 months, considering they were originally shooting for a 2011 release, yet were only able to increase percentage by 10%.

I hate having to always act like I'm being careful not to step on toes in the flight simulation development community. I've taken it easy since September of 2010, and it's a fair question to ask. Anyone in a position such as the admin's, will be asked tough questions. That's just life. So, those are my questions/comments.

7delete12345 Empty Re: delete12345 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

lqcorsa wrote:I hate having to always act like I'm being careful not to step on toes in the flight simulation development community

And you will continue to feel that way, until you're patient! Wink If you've ever been on the developing side, you'd know how stunningly difficult and time-consuming this work can be, and would probably know that the development will either go on or not without people begging for updates. (Nor will those updates probably come simply because you've asked!)

As it happens, there is one (1) person working directly on the internals of this simulator. As you can imagine, that leaves little manpower for regular updates or updating the website. Now you know.

I've been following Seven-G (and other simulator projects) for years now, but I don't beg for updates... because I know the developer(s) will give updates as they become important/substantial enough, or as they have time. Otherwise, I prefer to let them continue to work uninterrupted! Generally, people working on projects like these ENJOY sharing updates with people, so it's best to assume they will do so when they can. (Take the latest video update, for example. Or go look at the front page of the website... screenshots were posted on July 3 of last year. Not sure where you got "September 2010?")

As someone who follows many development teams, uses flight simulators frequently, and has an acute obsession with the Hornet, theoretically I ought to be just as impatient as you are. So considering that I'm not, I think I'm absolutely on the mark. Wink No hard feelings, of course.

Last edited by BeakerVBA on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

8delete12345 Empty Re: delete12345 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm

cmatt

RDML
RDML

It's always the last 20% that takes the longest. Currently the campaign is getting some work, which is fairly tedious work. Once a few trial missions have been successfully imported into the sim, things will move along faster. Right now the aircraft and software modeling is fairly far along, with the main effort being adding the things that make the sim playable. Wait until you see 97% complete, and then have to wait another three months for testing...

Last edited by cmatt on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

9delete12345 Empty Re: delete12345 Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:42 pm

junkster55

ENS
ENS

Thanks VERY much for the update cmatt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum