Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Full F/A-18C Simpit

+3
BeakerVBA
hornet505
AgronautsPilot
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Full F/A-18C Simpit Empty Full F/A-18C Simpit Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:48 pm

AgronautsPilot

AgronautsPilot
LTJG
LTJG

Hey Guys if you don't know I'm in the U.S Navy Flying with the Argonauts and recently went to an airbase with a decommissioned F/A-18A. Now the plane was an original 1983 air force jet and was retired and beyond salvageable, luckily the cockpit was intact and I asked my C/O and he said I could have the MFD's so I popped them off and have positioned them to on my simpit. I added USB ports and bought a little gadget that allows you to have 6 USB's put in too one plug (I can't Remember What It's Called). I've already made a plywood cockpit and a HUD that works. I hope to finish it by the time Seven-G comes out.

-Cheers Very Happy

Okay it's pretty fully done and in case your wondering the cockpit tone of spray paint was violet.

Last edited by AgronautsPilot on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Full F/A-18C Simpit Empty sim pit. Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:56 pm

hornet505

hornet505
ENS
ENS

Would love to see progress pics. I too am building one. You show me yours and I'll show you mine. Very Happy

3Full F/A-18C Simpit Empty Re: Full F/A-18C Simpit Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:29 am

AgronautsPilot

AgronautsPilot
LTJG
LTJG

okay Smile these are some earlier pics from my laptop, I'm on cruise right now for 1 and a half more weeks but I'll keep you posted.

Full F/A-18C Simpit Simpit11

Enjoy , this is an earlier pic so sorry for the lack off MFD's Sad

4Full F/A-18C Simpit Empty Re: Full F/A-18C Simpit Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:56 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Dang, dude, that thing looks amazing! Keep us posted! Shocked

5Full F/A-18C Simpit Empty Re: Full F/A-18C Simpit Mon May 09, 2011 4:51 am

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

Very nice! I'm planning to slowly start making my pit based off the Australian AF/A-18A manual. Like a classic A, but with the new MDIs and HSD.

And by that I mean...very slowly. As hard as it must be to get a hold of Hornet equipment there, surplus hardware isn't parted with quite as easy here unfortunately, not to mention there's less of them in the skies to shed those parts No

6Full F/A-18C Simpit Empty F/a simpit Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:00 pm

hornet922

ENS
ENS

I have cockpit envy!

7Full F/A-18C Simpit Empty F/A-18 Cockpit parts Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:32 am

thesimulatorstore

ENS
ENS

We have added several F/A-18 cockpit parts recently...they look really great!!!

We have several simbuilders that have already started building their cockpits.

When Seven-g comes out ...our cockpits will really make your experience feel awsome!!!

Please take a look...

Steve
thesimulatorstore.com

8Full F/A-18C Simpit Empty Re: Full F/A-18C Simpit Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Afterburner

ENS
ENS

Hi Guys!

Congragulations AgronautsPilot, your cockpit looks awesome. I started to build my own F18C cockpit this summer. IT's a lot of work...but fun!

Bye.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum