Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Very First Flight Sim

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Very First Flight Sim Empty Very First Flight Sim Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:11 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

I supposed this topic has been addressed many a times!  But I think it is interesting as I observe today what we have compared to what started it all for me. I think it started in 1985!  I played it on a Atari 800 XL!  Afterwards there was a Strike Eagle II and III.  Today we have the F15 C Strike Eagle from DCS and it is pretty hard to beat. I have always been a Hornet man. I always wished Falcon 4.0 was Hornet 4.0!! Currently I have had this new system built because I am sick and tired of needing more RAM or more power, or having to settle for less sim objects! So I am in the process of building this system with a fair easy loan from my Credit Union! Currently I am into the FSX Superbug (FA18E Super Hornet) From Microsoft. Lockheed Martin also has a Platform for P3D Superbug with Tacpac Weapons.  DCS Beta World II and has some superb work. I understand that they are in the works for a FA18C Hornet to possibly be out later this year. Then there is the hopes of 7g!  So whatever is coming I will most likely be able to max it out while my video card yawns with ease!

So my first was that Atari 800 XL!  Microprose F15E Strike Eagle!  It was fun back n the day!  Now look at us with 300+ page manuals, Virtual squadrons...accurate weapon systems, even though many things are really classified and we do not have them. But look what we do have!
In DCS , we can eject and go walking around town once we land or take a stroll through the terrain!  Ever do this?

2Very First Flight Sim Empty Re: Very First Flight Sim Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:47 am

yoshi

ENS
ENS

DragonFlySlayer wrote:I supposed this topic has been addressed many a times!  But I think it is interesting as I observe today what we have compared to what started it all for me. I think it started in 1985!  I played it on a Atari 800 XL!  Afterwards there was a Strike Eagle II and III.  Today we have the F15 C Strike Eagle from DCS and it is pretty hard to beat. I have always been a Hornet man. I always wished Falcon 4.0 was Hornet 4.0!! Currently I have had this new system built because I am sick and tired of needing more RAM or more power, or having to settle for less sim objects! So I am in the process of building this system with a fair easy loan from my Credit Union! Currently I am into the FSX Superbug (FA18E Super Hornet) From Microsoft. Lockheed Martin also has a Platform for P3D Superbug with Tacpac Weapons.  DCS Beta World II and has some superb work. I understand that they are in the works for a FA18C Hornet to possibly be out later this year. Then there is the hopes of 7g!  So whatever is coming I will most likely be able to max it out while my video card yawns with ease!

So my first was that Atari 800 XL!  Microprose F15E Strike Eagle!  It was fun back n the day!  Now look at us with 300+ page manuals, Virtual squadrons...accurate weapon systems, even though many things are really classified and we do not have them. But look what we do have!
In DCS , we can eject and go walking around town once we land or take a stroll through the terrain!  Ever do this?

The Strike Eagle is the F-15E.... The F-15C is the air superiority varient. In fsx there is the Milviz F-15E Strike Eagle but no F-15E for DCS for now.

3Very First Flight Sim Empty F15 Variant Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:08 am

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

True. I am aware of this. I am just lately sitting quiet and just waiting for that FA18C that is supposed to land here in our near future for DCS bounce

4Very First Flight Sim Empty Re: Very First Flight Sim Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:22 am

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekv6H5ro2rg

Most of you guys are probably aware of this, but here is the FA18 C from DCS that will land soon. At least now it is in motion for more public view. Thrust Master also has a FA18 stick. Not sure about a throttle.

Wagner says he will update us regarding different systems as they finish it up. I believe it is a Belsimtek product.

On a wish list I would love to see a SU-35 or a Mig-35 with variable thrust vectors and updated avionics. But at least the hornet is near. Perhaps this year.

DFS cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum