Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Excellent! How soon can we expect Seven-G?

+10
vgp78
636_Castle
gillbo
Teapot
pho3nix47
3Sqn_eldiablo
cmatt
Fransky
RhineHornet
jazjar
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jazjar

ENS
ENS

Main website has been updated! Hooray! Just one question, how soon is soon?

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

Nice to see the website being updated...

and WOW, the tension rises. Really looking forward to the first release.
Your work is wonderful, can't wait to hammer the Hornet through turning-and-burning fighter pilot heaven.

Keep it going, your sim looks so promising and exciting, second to none.

Very Happy

Purebred Hornet Driver.

Fransky

Fransky
LT
LT

Great. Now I'm not gonna be able to sleep. It's like Christmas for a 6 year old.

http://www.abattoir.net

cmatt

RDML
RDML

Latest build has been put out for testing, lighting now works and interacts with the environment (flares, taxi lights, AB etc). I was able to fly a planned strike mission and deliver two GBU-12's against two buildings (2 x attacks) unopposed. Next thing will be opposed and implementing the scenarios. The attacks were flown using current procedures and switchology need to get the weapons off, and work quite well. Another recent feature is if the AI aircraft see a missile launch from a fighter, they deploy flares with varying degrees of success. There are still a few things needing fixes that are showstoppers for how the jet actually works, but progress. Lastly, a very nice carrier landing replay feature has been added that allows you to watch your recovery from a few different cameras, foreshadowing an ACMI feature, perhaps... back to testing. One thing any avid Falcon 4.0 (or derivatives) pilots out there will notice, once they try on the F-18, is that the F-18 is a much nicer jet to fly from the HOTAS side of the house.

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

Thanks cmatt for the heads-up! That surely sounds fantastic. Btw, can you shed some light regarding my question posted here?https://seveng.forumotion.com/t187-flap-transition-logic-improvement-for-the-seven-g-hornet-model
Do the ailerons retract/travel from T/O or LAND flap (mode) postion/deflection to AUTO (mode) position slower than the main TEF's in the latest build? Just curious. Thank you

3Sqn_eldiablo

LT
LT

90% of job done .. that is AWESOME !!

pho3nix47

ENS
ENS

I agree Cmatt, I just got into F4 BMS to compair with the latest build and there is no comparison! The Hornet is much more user friendly than the Viper is any day of the week + more alpha!!!! Smile

P.S. the Thrustmaster Warthog very closly matches the Hornet in almost every way Smile

Teapot

ENS
ENS

WTG!Looking forward to getting a Hornet ... getting one in BMS too apparently, but I'm REALLY looking forwrda to this one!

gillbo

ok so from 80 - 90% took how long?
so does that mean that the other 10% will take same time?
Hope not cause this looks gooooooooooooooood!!!!!

636_Castle

636_Castle
LT
LT

gillbo wrote:ok so from 80 - 90% took how long?
so does that mean that the other 10% will take same time?
Hope not cause this looks gooooooooooooooood!!!!!
That's what I was thinking lol.

It does look incredible though.

RhineHornet

RhineHornet
LT
LT

Yeah, hopefully the Ninety-ninety-rule won't strike here...

Though I am optimistic up to now, because I want to fly it very badly! bounce

vgp78

LT
LT

nice to see the 90% congratulations to all of us Very Happy just kidding

admin had said that testing will take about 3 months when reaches the final stage
i can wait its a new sim afterall and a new sim that has progress the most important ,for me as a bms fun many years now, only seven-g proved me that has potential after bms

congrats seven-g team!

=Casio=

ENS
ENS

vgp78 wrote:nice to see the 90% congratulations to all of us Very Happy just kidding

admin had said that testing will take about 3 months when reaches the final stage
i can wait its a new sim afterall and a new sim that has progress the most important ,for me as a bms fun many years now, only seven-g proved me that has potential after bms

Usualy the last 10% will need 80-90% of the total time until the project will go beta and than it will take another 3 month until gold candidate.

Until now they only showed us the carrier, an SA-15 and some static targets. There is still a lot to do, after the programmer has finished the aircraft simulation.

636_Castle

636_Castle
LT
LT

Judging by the (very) old demo, and the YouTube videos, the flight model on this aircraft is superb. I also love the little details like wing flexing, and the awesome vapor effects as seen from inside of the cockpit.

I'm stoked for Seven G. Have been forever. I'm hoping the sandbox side of it is well developed too. I'm all for campaigns and missions, but if I can't do some ramp starts and fly out to CVNs with my buddies online then I'm screwed.

Teapot

ENS
ENS

Regarding on-line play I have this to say. Baby steps.
The guy who's doing Seven-G will be establishing one thing with this production, and that is what a shit-hot sim developer he is. So, I see Seven-G as a gob-smacking proof of concept. Any FUTURE sims that this guy is associated with I will immediately think "this is the guy who wrote Seven-G single handedly? Like HELL yeah I'm going to buy his product!".

So whether or not Seven-G version 1 has net code ... it's irrelevant. I see great things on the horizon for this fellow (sorry, don't know your name), and I appreciate that you're sharing the blossoming of your talent!

Hat off to you young feller!

cavdrkz24

Video's look awesome! cant wait for this to be ready to deploy!! Great job so far guys!

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

What's the latest? Haven't seen any updates in a long time.

18Excellent!  How soon can we expect Seven-G? Empty FA18 Wishes Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:53 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

I too really want to fly the Hornet sim! Even in our satisfaction with FC3 LOMAC, most everyone has mentioned regarding the non-flyable aircrafts when they see the F18s, something like .."can we fly the Hornets"?! But we never could of course. DCS has doen a greast job with that Thunderbolt but it is too bad that they didn't do such a job with a Hornet. Is everyone afraid of a Hornet or it must not have been possible in the past? Eagle Dynamics always said that they didn't have access to the information for an F18 because it was classified according to them years ago. Hopefully SevenG will be able to do it. Micorsofts Superbug is nice but thats seems like a completely different sim ya know. I am honestly really looking forward to this SevenG! I am tired of Korea though all the way from Falcon4. We should have Iraq_middle East Israel,Syria Afghanistan. I also am aware of the major work involved with little profits with these guys who put their sweat and soul into making a sim such as this. I tip my hat to them. "Salute"!
I want it! I will take what ever they create!

DFS

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum