Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

What battlefield do you want in seven-g?

+40
ROSS_BerryMORE
WarLock
asbestosfiber6
Goshawk
m4t
korbi - 47th
Smokin
jomardi
damson
Wolfhound
vgp78
Dead Man's Hand
F16C_Corsair
mattcapman
RhineHornet
Miximix
ACC
6s.duke
sosoxia
ricnunes
fredjetware
Striker
Asator
TUAF-VEGA
5LG9Z
Blackfly01
oscn101
cayote
Dragon
twon01
Baron
jonmar
BeakerVBA
MudRat02
PL_Harpoon
636_Castle
johnsmith
cmatt
Asp
Admin
44 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What battlefield do you want in seven-g?

What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_lcap9%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_rcap 9% [ 17 ]
What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_lcap27%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_rcap 27% [ 50 ]
What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_lcap21%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_rcap 21% [ 38 ]
What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_lcap26%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_rcap 26% [ 49 ]
What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_lcap17%What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Vote_rcap 17% [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 185

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Empty What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 am

Admin

Admin
CDR
CDR

Please vote!

http://www.seveng-f18.com

2What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Empty Korea Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 am

Asp

LTJG
LTJG

I voted for Korea:

Real tensions are high and have been so for decades. Relatively short ranges. Surrounded by Carrier type oceans. Lot of need for offensive ops and constant fleet defence...

Asp

cmatt

RDML
RDML

Maybe a slightly modified Libya with a credible air threat?

johnsmith

johnsmith
LTJG
LTJG

Yo,
I voted other because fight and war would be cool in insolite location like north pole, Arizona (GRAND CANYON), next to Himalaya etc... Iknow you'll say "no it's a simulation" patati patata! YES it's a simulation but tomorow there won't be a war in Korea and in Libya there just ground attack with dead civils and some very old enemy's aircrafts (oh yes that's funny silent ) and that with flat scenario ,yet! The fact which makes a game or a simulation a good or great game or simulation is its scenario. Do you understand??
And thanks to have answered to my post "un passatiempo", it's awesome to do it for nothing!No seriously if you don't want that I explain my opinion "*uck off" I wanted to improve this simulation and share my passion.
tchussss!!

cmatt

RDML
RDML

Ultimately, any where could be the theatre, although you seem to be hinting that some geographic variation is desired. The idea here is to put you inside a very realistic simulation of the F/A-18 and then have you fly a diverse set of missions against realistic threats. It doesn't really matter where it takes place, just how well it is all put together. By selecting a known theatre it is easier for the player to relate and be immersed. As well, a known theatre has known threats and allied forces, which can make it easier to model and plan a realistic campaign. If Libya is selected, there would be some divergence from the ground truth to introduce a higher air threat. Regardless, the experience should rewarding to the player, and this is just the starting point.

636_Castle

636_Castle
LT
LT

I'll be happy with ANYthing. I'll be too in love with my Hornet to really care about where I'm fighting/attacking.

But seriously my vote goes first to Afghanistan, then to Korea. Afghanistan simply because it's the last major conflict, going on for 10+ years. Also that's where my brother is currently deployed.

However I don't see many "fun" sorties available in such a theater. Most aircraft you see over Afghanistan don't even bother carrying ECM these days. It's primarily CAS on infantry and very light armor, so it wouldn't show off some of the great air to air maneuvering the Bug is capable of. Unless of course a destabilization campaign were to be created.

Also, I think terrain development would be a breeze. Only slight vegetation and towns to work with.

P.S...does this mean the Hornet itself is done? 80% completion and now we're only talking about theaters. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(If you want to release a demo I TOTALLY wouldn't complain.) Razz

cmatt

RDML
RDML

Getting there...

PL_Harpoon

LT
LT

One more vote for Korea.
I think the equipment you will be fighting against isn't a problem. The story could be simple: tension grows, border accidents occur more and more often and eventually lead to a full scale war. After that coalition forces discover, that NK has a lot of hidden hi-tech arsenal and the fight is more or less equal.
Or you can make the game exist in some alternate 90s/late 80s and then even the odds.
IMHO the actual story is irrelevant if you'll have good, interesting missions.

MudRat02

MudRat02
CDR
CDR

No blue land vs. orange land? Where's the authenticity Wink

Gulf War and Iraq 2003 were big ones for the Hornet, I'd put my hand up for those. It would also be cool to see standalone missions alongside campaigns, like go intercept this aircraft that's in our airspace, fly position X in a Hornet formation display and so on. Some of the other "day to day" stuff.

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Shocked and disappointed to see the number of votes for Korea. Who cares about Korea... that's over and done by Falcon 4.0. Why beat a dead horse? Neutral

PL_Harpoon

LT
LT

Why not? It's actually hard to find a good region with high tension with the possibility of creating convincing scenario with both equal sides. It just won't be fun to fly 100th mission to fly straight for 20' just to drop one (guided from ground unit) LGB at the enemy bunker you won't even see. That's how current conflicts look like (in general).

Unless you want to find some remote archipelago and create a large but concentrated conflict about it. For example, the country that ruled there had some huge problems, the government decides to turn over to one of the superpowers (in return of help of some kind), but the people are furious, they rebel and turn to other superpower for help. It's not a good scenario but might work if you'll make some improvements.

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT

Maybe true, but for any of us of the hardcore flight simming crowd who spent a lot of time in falcon (and believe me that's a large part of the potential market for Seven-G,) the Korean peninsula is old hat and pretty tiresome... and if Seven-G doesn't have an amazing campaign mode to go with it like Falcon did, that'll be rough sailing.

That said, I'll personally be happy with anywhere, especially some portion of US terrain. Very Happy

johnsmith

johnsmith
LTJG
LTJG

Admin, which war do you want to do? And what is a misson in Korea for you (aircraft, target, difficulty, excitation)?

Admin

Admin
CDR
CDR

johnsmith wrote:Admin, which war do you want to do? And what is a misson in Korea for you (aircraft, target, difficulty, excitation)?

I want all, maybe others regions beside vote listed countries will be added like FSX scenery addon.
Currently, I'm working Nevada terrain for training missions ,it took about 650 Mega bytes of hard disk only by terrain texture.

http://www.seveng-f18.com

johnsmith

johnsmith
LTJG
LTJG

you've just half answer.

jonmar

ENS
ENS

An Operation Allied Force scenario like in Falcon 4: Allied Force would be cool in my opinion. But since that's been done recently in that sim I would like to see an Iraq/Desert Storm scenario or a Libya scenario with the Libyans having beefed up armed forces so that it wouldn't be a complete cake walk. Korea is also a fine choice. Maybe a fictional NATO vs. Russia, China & North Korea? That would probably turn out to be WW3 heh.

Baron

ENS
ENS

Korea has it all.

Terrain, densely populated, lots of infrastructure.
Low transit times from both land and sea.
IADS.
A contained high end theater.
A clearly defined front line.

Oh, and no fuel management required! Just point south and light the burners across the line to Seoul all the while threat defending from multiple SA-2's. If that's closed, spend the two minutes extra to divert to Osan.

twon01

hey guys!!!

What about an Iranian theater? Tensions are real in the middle east, there is always the gulf for carrier ops, and if say Israel would make a strike to take out some nuclear research lab or facility then we could be defending our ally and our position in Iraq (theoretically). Just another idea to throw out there. Either way I cant wait for the release of this great looking sim!!!

twon

Dragon

ENS
ENS

Doesen't really matter. Could be a fictional theatre, as long as it works in the sim.

20What battlefield do you want in seven-g? Empty Iran theater Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:03 pm

cayote

ENS
ENS

I think Iran would be nice as it represents a large portion of the middle east and probley the next hot spot in the world

Smile thanks geek

oscn101

ENS
ENS

I want to be TaiWan~

Blackfly01

Blackfly01
LCDR
LCDR

How about a training range in there also? CLAWR maybe.....biased Canadian and all. Smile

5LG9Z

LTJG
LTJG

My vote goes for "Other". That being Iran. It's a current hot spot and tensions seem very high. Higher than ever, in fact. Their military posses a credible, albeit weak, threat to American forces in the region. So you won't necessarily have to make up a threat as you would with Libya or Afghanistan.

This is my first post here on the forums, by the way. I love the work you guys have put in over the years. It's really fantastic to see how the simulator has evolved over the past year or so. Keep it up guys! As a Hornet fan I can't wait to see the final product!

TUAF-VEGA

TUAF-VEGA

Hi there, this was my first post... Greetings from Turkish Virtual Air Force.

Korea would be awesome imo... So, voted as Korea...

Asator

ENS
ENS

I'm sure it's too late but I vote for vast China, the defense of Israel or Iran.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum